- Leads and generates technical solutions including specifying of requirements, functional decomposition, analysis, development and testing for current, new and major programs
- Lead development of software system team design content and software anomaly corrections.
- Performs complex design analysis
- Specifies and balances system requirements
- Provide, communicate, and support common best practices among software community
- Performs as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for at least one platform or application component
The primary purpose of this position is to develop Infotainment system for GM car in China. The person will focus on feature definition, the establishment of requirements, and software architecture design. The person will be part of the global Infotainment software architecture team for overall global feature development The person is responsible for providing technical leadership and support on the localization of GM infotainment system for China 3. The person will assist SW development teams to feature development strategy, planning, integration, and execution. The person will assist QA team to define feature testing strategy and system test planning.
- Feature development ：Complete analysis of feature requirements, high-level design documentations for development and test; Assist feature development plan and execution
- Management ：Responsible for system release development planning, and execution; Report the status and progress of system development to Department leader
- Mentoring ： Responsible for supervising and reviewing the key area of feature for team members.
- Feature test ： Provide support to QA manager for feature testing strategy and system testing plan
· Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures
· Proficient at programming in Java and C++
· In-depth experience developing Android System including native, JAVA Framework, and APK level
· In-depth experience of SW development models and processes
· Experience / skills with SCM tools such as: GIT, JIRA, Eclipse IDE etc.
· Good communication skill in English and Chinese, interpersonal skills
· 10+ years (7+ years with Master) in mobile or embedded software development
· 3+ years prior management or team lead experience
· Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline;
- Good at prioritizing. Flexible. Teamwork spirit
- Project Management: ability to work effectively on multiple projects
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult; execute technical assignment independently
- Adaptability to working in new technologies
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.