An Electrician Journeyperson is an ambitious and dedicated worker who is responsible for layout, installation, repair and preventative maintenance of complicated electrical equipment and circuits. They are also troubleshooting electrical malfunctions with plant equipment and should have technical
GM Canada, you will find go-getters, people that dream big and go the extra mile to uncover the next ground breaking idea. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants, developing new vehicles and self-driving technologies, and creating new marketing programs - we are determined to change the future of mobility.
We are looking for individuals who are striving to make a difference and who want to join one of the world’s most iconic companies. With over 100 years of rich history in Canada, help us redefine what the next 100 years should look like. Innovation Lives Here – and so should you!
We are looking for experienced Electricians to join our St. Catharines Propulsion Facility.
What You Will Do
Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records (MAXIMO)
Troubleshoot machine components including cylinders, pumps, motors, spindles, fixtures, slides, valves, and gears.
Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications.
Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and lighting fixtures and other electrical components as needed.
Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
Support and maintain department lean manufacturing initiatives
Required Skills and Experience:
· Ontario Industrial Electrician License Red Seal #442A preferred however consideration given to Red Seal #309A
· Minimum grade 12 or equivalent
· Graduate of mechanical and/or industrial technology from an accredited college preferred
· Three to five years hands on experience in machining environment; experience with CNC machines a definite asset
· Working knowledge of servomotors, and controllers
· Robotic programming and troubleshooting experience, preferably ABB, FANUC
· PLC program troubleshooting experience including Allen Bradley, Indramat, Siemens
· Familiarity with lockout policies and electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
· Working knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act
What Else You Need To Know:
- We are a Unifor-represented workplace
- Successful candidates will be required to attest to, and be prepared to provide proof of, their vaccination status and that any job offer will be conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated.
What’s in it for you at GM ?
- Starting at a full rate of $44.81
- Plus you will earn a afternoon premium of 5% and night shift premium of 10%, paid overtime and an annual bonus in accordance with the collective agreement
Benefits & Perks:
- Wide range of Health Care Benefits - subject to waiting period eligibility
- Group Life & Disability Insurance Programs
- Competitive Defined Contribution Pension with contribution matching + extra voluntary contribution and matching
Voluntary Savings Plan
- Vacation: 4% vacation pay in first year plus an average of 16 paid holidays/year, including days between Christmas and New Year; vacation entitlement also generally increases each year in accordance with the collective agreement up to a maximum of 188 hours and 52 hours of Paid Absence Allowance Credit - after 20 years
- Supplemental Unemployment Benefits - after 3 years
- GM Employee Vehicle Purchase Discount Program
- $150 safety footwear voucher
- Company-provided toolbox
- Company-provided personal protective equipment
- Training on safety, equipment and technology
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.