General Motors Israel (Herzelia) takes a significant part in shaping the autonomous vehicle. We shape the face of the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies
Our SDV group – ‘ Software Defined Vehicle’ is a new group that is developing vehicle intelligence platform whose features and functions are primarily enabled through software. This is a significant part of the ongoing transformation of vehicles from being mainly hardware-based to a software-centric electronic device on wheels.
our software infrastructure team is responsible of developing the vehicle Run Time Environment engine which provides and serve many vehicle components.
We are looking for an Embedded Realtime Engineer that has a high technical skills, independent and out-of-the-box thinking person.
As Senior Linux Software Engineer you will:
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure.
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes.
- Define innovative approaches for fast integration and debug, aiming at reducing the number of bugs reaching integration phase.
- Work closely with architects, technical leaders and other engineers to achieve above objectives.
What are we looking for?
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- Over 5 years of Software Development in C/C++
- Good knowledge and experience in Real-Time software and Embedded systems development.
- Experienced Linux user with good knowledge of Linux user space APIs
- Close acquaintance with performance tools like gprof, perf, Valgrind.
- Proficient with git and git workflows.
- It’s an advantage if you have:
- Familiarity with Linux internals aspects.
- Good knowledge of Python and Groovy.
- CI/CD basics.
- Experience with ARM based SoC architecture.
- Experience in working with external suppliers.
- Experience in Automotive applications.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.