Note : This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires employee to be onsite 1-3x per week.”
About the role:
The successful candidate will be a critical member of the agile team responsible for creating, maintaining, and delivering key infrastructure and services for many global software development teams. Your expertise in software development, testing, integration, and delivery will help scale our development workflows and improve automation and processes. Your work will help deliver a scalable and integrated solution to enable delivery of Automated Driving and Active Safety software for our advanced controllers and align with GM’s vision of a future of Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion!
- Strengthen and optimize our development environment and workflows by improving automation, code quality and processes while reducing overall build times
- Create, maintain, improve, and evolve our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes for new and existing services to reduce manual/repetitive tasks
- Architect robust technical design solutions with a focus on quality, scalability, real-time processing, and availability
- Work collaboratively with several development teams throughout the company and around the globe to help deliver end-to-end products and features that support our latest Automated Driving and Active Safety programs/features
- Ensure continuous operation of delivered services and framework by quickly fixing issues and preventing future failures
- Travel as required
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development, software integration, CI/CD and/or DevOps with experience in tooling, infrastructure solutions and automated testing
- Experience working within both Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience with virtualization and container-based solutions (ie., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Prior software development experience, preferably in C/C++ with exposure to bash, python and windows batch
- Experience with CMake build configurations
- Experience with GNU gcc (and derived compiler toolchain)
- Strong knowledge of Jenkins, pipelines and use of GIT-based review management tools
- Experience providing guidance, leadership, and mentoring to team members
- Ability to independently investigate issues based on limited information, demonstrating high level of analytical ability to resolve complex problems
- Creative, disciplined, strong sense of responsibility, delivery, and schedule commitment
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of major automotive vehicle systems such as Advanced Driver-Assistance (ADAS), Motion Control, Automotive Network, and Powertrain
- Experience with Automotive Communication Protocols (Ethernet/CAN/LIN)
- Experience with SAFe methodologies
- Experience in working with distributed teams situated globally
- Experience with the QNX OS and build toolchain QCC
- Experience with Adaptive AUTOSAR service-based vehicle platform
Experience with Unit Test tools e.g. (CppUTest, Google Test etc) and respective Jenkins plugins
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.