There’s never been a more exciting time to work in automotive software development and engineering. That’s because our people are the driving force behind GM’s vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion.
We’re looking for new team members to help bring this vision to life through cutting-edge research and software development, innovation, testing, and engineering at GM’s Canadian Technical Centre, Kapuskasing Proving Ground and McLaughlin Advanced Technology Track.
We want those who are bold, innovative, and ready to redefine the way the world moves.
Join our team today!
General Motors’ Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) group unlocks a new level of potential by further integrating our vehicles with their digital world. SDV has created Ultifi, a new vehicle intelligence platform, designed to unlock new vehicle experiences. With Ultifi, we will connect with customers through software-defined features, apps and services via Over-the-Air (OTA). The new platform works by separating key software from the hardware to simplify the OTA process, enabling us to provide more robust updates and cloud-services to our customers.
Think this could be a good fit for you? Are you interested to be a part of a collaborative, driven, and bold organization that embraces innovation and challenges? If you have experience in electrical engineering, software engineering, or computer science/programming and you're ready to go all-in to deliver vehicles that evolve digitally with our customers’ lives, let's connect.
As a technical leader in the SDV DevOps team, you will help define and implement the infrastructure used by many global software teams while working directly with GM’s next generation Active Safety controllers. By leveraging your strong technical knowledge of software development, automation, and DevOps, you will drive optimization and improvement to our existing agile build processes to ensure end-to-end continuous integration and delivery of our controller builds.
- Provide technical and strategic direction to DevOps and build teams with the goal of expanding and improving our CI/CD processes for new and existing services
- Liaise with other GM leaders across the globe to ensure that critical functionality is achieved while also optimizing processes/delivery
- Architect robust technical design solutions with a focus on quality, scalability, real-time processing, and availability
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams around the globe to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Provide technical direction and development support to improve team effectiveness, knowledge, and overall capability through feedback and involvement
- Stay abreast of industry trends and drive insights into DevOps strategy
- Drive consistency in approach and analysis across SDV organization
Additional Job Description:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Software, Computer, Control, Mechatronics) or Computer Science (Advanced degrees preferred)
- 10+ years of professional experience in DevOps, software integration, CI/CD with experience in tooling, infrastructure solutions and automated testing
- 5+ years of embedded software development experience, preferably in C/C++ with exposure to bash, python, and windows batch
- Demonstrated experience providing guidance, technical leadership, and mentoring to team members
- Results-oriented with ability to work independently and in a team environment while interfacing with GM engineers globally
- Expert knowledge of Jenkins, pipelines and use of GIT-based review management tools
- Strong experience working within both Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience with virtualization and container-based solutions (ie., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with CMake build configurations
- Experience with GNU gcc (and derived compiler toolchain)
- Ability to independently investigate issues based on limited information while demonstrating high level of analytical ability to resolve complex problems
- Creative, disciplined, strong sense of responsibility, delivery, and schedule commitment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- GM’s Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs.
- GM’s comprehensive compensation and benefits plan is carefully designed and thoroughly benchmarked against the companies that we compete for talent in the local market .
The goal of the General Motors of Canada total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan currently includes the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and supplemental benefits for pregnancy, parental and adoption leave.
- Healthcare, dental and vision benefits including health care spending account and wellness incentive.
- Life insurance plans to cover you and your family.
- Company and matching contributions to a Defined Contribution Pension plan to help you save for retirement.
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values.
- Tuition Assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
- GM Vehicle Purchase Plan for you, your family and friends.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.