Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand the vision/goals set by senior management and establish strategic as well as tactical goals.
- Provide industry leading technical direction and guidance to project teams to ensure appropriate and cost-effective application of approved technologies. Coach, empower, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
- Responsible for staffing, communicating, training and development, directing and prioritization of work, evaluating performance and removing roadblocks.
- Communicate effectively to leadership on direction, timelines, and priorities
- Influence the team to develop the right solutions and features and be able to speak to the technical competence of the solution now and into the near future
- Actively address impediments for the team across other workstreams and organizations
- Participate and provide feedback for feature demos. Review deliverables and provide candid & constructive feedback
- Engage, foster, and develop relationships across GM China and GMNA engineering teams. Interact and collaborate with cross functional teams
- Influence others within the organization to accept new concepts, practices, and approaches
- Promote GM's values and make customer-focused decisions
- Conduct regularly scheduled team stand-ups, Communicate GM Policies & Procedures, Leadership and Safety Messages
- Insure employees complete all mandatory GM training and any specific training related to functional responsibility
- Review and approve employee work and overtime schedules, expenses, and other work-related data
- Conduct performance interventions when necessary
Required Qualifications and Experiences
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or related experience
- 7+ years experience in engineering/software program management
- Knowledge of and experience with the Global Vehicle Development Process
- Strong technical background with proficiency in software engineering and technical service delivery in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile, Scrum, SDLC)
- Solid experience in engaging business stakeholders to determine value that will be considered as part of economic value, trade off decisions, or path to realization
- Ability to create and execute tactical, operational, and strategic goals
- Resilience to adapt and learn from experience over the long-term
- A natural curiousness and commitment to learning demonstrated across industries or projects
- Knowledge of information technology infrastructure and systems management
- Knowledge/experience with IT infrastructure and vehicle components, policies and practices
- Experience with customer experience executions across mobile, web, in-vehicle channels
- Experience with SAFe and DFSS
Skills and Abilitites
- Strong leadership skills: sensitivity to confidential information; providing candidate/constructive feedback at all levels of the organization; courage to take risks and speak up
- Strong oral and written communication in both English and Chinese
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to uuild relationships across the company
- Strong coordination, sense of urgency and ability to define and manage priorities
- Active listening skills and empathy along with identifying with team members needs and requests
- Strong problem-solving skills in stressful situations and confined timelines
- Managing diverse workforce: driver to result, delegate tasks appropriately and effectively, identifying strengths and areas for improvement among team members
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.