Roles and Responsibilities
- Quickly develop understanding of GM Premium Imports (GMPI) software strategy.
- Work with or without direct supervision, be visionary in GMPI data strategy and responsible for data architecture design, roadmap and evolution.
- Ability to quickly develop understanding of business requirements and implement data architecture leveraging modern data technologies.
- Ensure appropriate and effective data integration across multiple systems, create fluid and E2E vision for how data will flow through the data landscape of organizations.
- Integrate technical functionality (eg. Scalability, security, performance, data recovery, reliability, etc.) and prepare reports where needed.
- Responsible for data quality assurance by implementing measures to ensure data accuracy, accessibility and be responsible for regular health check on data sources.
- Ensure data accessibility, reliability, quality, and security across different organizations.
- Establish procedures, processes, and perform inventory around data assets.
- Collaborate with internal & external teams on managing & devise data architecture strategy that address different business requirements
- Track, anticipate and manage data related technology and architecture evolution.
- Keep abreast on technology shift and industry initiative to prioritize and adapt the data blueprint effectively.
- Champion accountability within and outside the team and coordinate dependencies across teams
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation
- Promote continuous team improvement, measure the team, and help the team and individuals measure themselves
- Analyze the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends areas for improvement
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline (Computer related).
- Experienced in designing data ingestion, ETL as well as data pipeline (on a popular cloud solution) – (2-3 years of experience)
- Experienced in data architecture design relating to data warehousing and/or data lakes with technologies such as Lakehouse, Hadoop eco-system (2-3 years of experience)
- Experience or knowledge in designing, analytics and troubleshooting for large-scale distributed systems in cloud, non-cloud as well as hybrid environments.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems architectures and micro-service architecture.
- Facilitate technology strategy, requirements, and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources) through exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver with good communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically about technical challenges, business requirements, and solution.
- Understand country/region regulatory cross-border data requirements and methods for compliance.
- Assess and recommend different storage architecture, such as data warehouse, data lake and data mart based on the data type.
- Proficient with Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Flink and other database modeling and management tools.
Plus / Advantages:
- Familiar with Linux and Windows.
- Proven expertise in data storage layer modern technology such as Lakehouse architecture.
- Knowledge in data warehouse and data lake.
- Experience with data platform development on major cloud service providers.
- Proficient in networking among different data platform application clusters connecting data ingestion, data exposure via API.
- Data visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Project management
- Systematic problem-solving approach
- Sense of ownership and drive for result and solutions
- Exceptional listening skill
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be willing to embrace change
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective Communication and Presentation skills in both English and Chinese, especially on business problems, alternatives and project strategy to a project team and customer groups
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.