Work as an integral member within the Cadillac Strategic Innovations and Analytics team to provide key data science component to support the development of retail strategy. Support Strategic Innovations and Analytics Manager by leading day-to-day coordination of team member workflow.
- Solve complex problems and present expert advice to leadership in a clear and thoughtful way – with a focus on actionable solutions
- Leverage state-of-the art data science and predictive statistical methodologies to enhance retail performance
- Operate with a high level of independent judgment and responsible for implementing solution development strategy
- Develop Analytics Team into knowledgeable experts that know how to solve problems, where to look for answers, and how to effectively present their findings to leadership
- Work with Manager to lead day-to-day workflow of development tasks
- Produce regular and ad hoc reports needed to run the business, where possible – transition from Excel and PowerPoint to data visualization software (i.e., Tableau, Microsoft Power BI)
- Substantial professional experience using data science techniques to improve business results
- In-depth knowledge of automotive sales and the factors related to OEM performance
- Practical experience working with automotive incentives and marketing programs
- Ability to complete complex tasks that require an in-depth knowledge of the automotive industry
- Working knowledge of R, Python, or other analytical programming language
- Ability to query large data sets using SQL or Spark; experience with cloud-based environments preferred
- Expert level proficiency with data visualization software such as Tableau or Power BI
- Working knowledge of statistical and machine learning techniques such as regression, time series forecasting, clustering, optimization, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate the business benefits of analytics
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- 5 +years of experience using data to solve problems, answer questions, and create visualizations
- 5 +years of experience in data quality analysis and data architecture
- 5 +years of experience in Big Data technologies in Hadoop/Hive/Spark platform using Python/Scala
- 5+ years working in the automotive industry
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Physics, Computer Science or other STEM fields
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.