We are looking for the bold - those willing to respectfully share their ideas and listen to others. We seek out the innovators - those who challenge the status quo when their vision requires a new way of thinking. We reach for the collaborators - those who understand that a diverse team is stronger than any one individual. We seek the self-motivated - those who ask questions, and never stop looking at what’s next. Customer Experience & Connectivity team will be pioneers in the EV movement, energized to connect people to what matters and create a movement towards a better, more sustainable future for all. Our passion fuels our focus to be the best! Are you ready?
About GM Europe
General Motors (NYSE:GM) is a global company focused on advancing an all-electric future. At the heart of this strategy is the Ultium battery platform, which will power everything from mass-market to high-performance vehicles. Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. Our team brings their collective passion to deliver on this ambitious future in Europe. We are proud of our achievements across the globe however we have the biggest opportunity to change the way people live, move, and connect in Europe.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Fully understand and document workflows and associated back end interactions of the customer onboarding and network carrier provisioning.
- Fully understand in-vehicle head unit app interactions with the back-office and other systems.
- Perform data analysis by building database queries, creating data structures, and design and automate processes using Oracle and UNIX
- Develop performance metrics/reports/monitors to establish necessary visibility into the enrolment and IHU apps performances (i.e. success rate) and issues
- Analyse performance metrics/reports/monitors to identify any performance issues/risks
- Investigate identified issues to determine root causes and come up with solutions (fixes/alternative workflows) to address the performance issues
- Plan for the issue resolution activities and coordinate/lead execution of the plan with other stakeholders
- Provide regular status update on current performance and performance enhancement activities
- Update related process flows, performance metrics/reports/monitors and other documents to reflect the changes and communicate them with all impacted stakeholders
- Identify necessary process improvement ideas by working with other business stakeholders
- Participate/Lead design/process related technical discussions with development teams and/or other stakeholders
- Create change requirements by describing high level business objectives, business benefits and functional requirements
- Work with IT counterparts to develop Narratives in an appropriate level of detail
- Participate in iterative co-validation sessions with IT counter parts (mostly developers and testers) as an SME to ensure that requirements have been correctly implemented
- Perform Wireless vendor wholesale invoice analysis and reconciliation, support budget forecast and financial reviews
- Handle escalated tickets and issues from customers
- Position requires operational support per on-call schedule
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a lead technical operation IT role
- Experience in process definition (requirement), validation or operation of service delivery processes
- Demonstrated ability to build strong cross organization relationships to facilitate cooperation and coordination
- Experience working with technical teams during time sensitive/issue resolution incident management
- Strong demonstrable experience and understanding of application architecture and design principles related to system integration of client components, web services, and databases
- Strong demonstrable experience and understanding in using and interacting with relational database structures (Oracle database)
- Strong demonstrable experience and understanding of SQL and SQL development
- Technical background or Level 2/3 support in problem solving to identify, prioritise and communicate complicated technical issues
- Exposure to Power BI, Cognos, Tableau, Crystal Report or other reporting system
- UNIX/ORACLE/ETL development skills to build end to end process/systems automation and integration (batch load, cron etc.)
- Industry experience in working on Big Data Platforms and Tools such as Hadoop, Cassandra and Apache Hive, Scoop, Hue etc. would be an added advantage
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with new technologies and business models
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex and difficult
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill in English and Regional Language.
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related degree or equivalent experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.