General Motors Israel (Herzliya) takes a significant part in shaping the future of autonomous vehicles (AV) by developing and implementing cutting edge technologies.
Simulation is at the heart of AV development, testing, and validation.
The ability to simulate complex use-cases, running multiple simulations at scale, and automating system level tests in the development process are all critical throughout the AV product lifecycle.
The Simulation Group develops, integrates and deploys simulation capabilities, interfacing with the AV SW stack, for both Software and Hardware-in-the-loop setups (SiL, HiL).
As a C++ developer in the Autonomous Vehicle simulation team, you will:
- Design, implement, integrate, and optimize software modules for simulation content.
- Develop both object-level and sensory-level simulation infrastructure interfacing different simulation engines (object level and sensory-level (Graphical)) with the AV stack in Linux environment.
- Develop noise models for sensors and the different AV components.
- Write clean, maintainable, and testable code, inspiring others to do the same.
- Advocate for best engineering practices within the team.
- Gain extensive knowledge in the AV stack.
- Contribute to a high scale, fast-paced complex product.
- Own and lead technical aspects of every project you are a part of.
- B.Sc. Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Over 3 years of experience in C++ development and complex software systems in Linux, including software integration
- Excellent communicator and team player, can collaborate with developers from both inside and outside the team
- Independent, able to understand and analyze new code and systems, with an emphasis on functionality and efficiency
- Good systems engineering capability and understanding
It's an advantage if you have:
- Experience with Python, bash
- Experience in the simulation, automotive or gaming industry
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.