- Lead GM’s analysis and management tours of China’ major Auto Shows including authoring GM Global Auto Show reports
- Investigate competitor actions and future product plans, authoring special global reports, and contributing to GM’s global competitor intelligence knowledge database
- Support nuanced, actionable analyses of vehicle portfolio opportunities, leveraging data sources such as long-term volume forecasts, competitive intelligence, regulatory projections and financial data.
- Support imperatives such as risk management, program deliverables management, gate reviews and decision approvals
- Conduct analyses of feature & technology trends and coordinate with JV partners to develop feature priorities and rollout plans
- Build strong relationships and create cross-functional teams with partners from across the globe including vehicle program teams, Design, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, Powertrain, and Manufacturing.
- Collaborate with these functions on the process to make bold portfolio proposals and ensure efficient transition from initial study to approved decision by top management
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent level of analytical ability
- Experience in turning data into meaningful analysis
- Passion for Auto industry dynamics and up-to-date technologies
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, and manage projects with a high level of autonomy and accountability
- Strong communication skills and ability to give clear direction and instructions to colleagues across the globe
- Effective global meeting facilitator
- Familiarity with sales/market analysis, volume forecasting, competitor intelligence, GM’s Global Vehicle Development Process, and program management
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Ability to act with discretion using extremely confidential internal and external information, including product/manufacturing plans, financials and potential external partnerships
- Master’s Degree, preferably MBA or equivalent & Technical undergraduate
- Direct experience in program management or similar role within a program team, with deep understanding of the Global Vehicle Development Process (GVDP) and related systems (CR/DN, Product Program Content, Global Status and Timing System, etc.)
- Experience with the fundamentals of vehicle program financial analysis
- 3-5 years of experience with major automotive OEM (Planning, Engineering, Program Management, etc)
- Inquisitive, proactive and self-starting
- Attention to detail and precision in delivered work product and presentation
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Anticipates functional leadership direction and comes prepared to deliver results
- Deals well with ambiguity and conflict management
- Able to articulate complex analysis in a straightforward way
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.