General Motors Israel (Herzliya) takes a significant part in shaping the autonomous vehicle. We impact the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies. Within GM Israel, over 600 people working in a hybrid flexible mode on one of the most exciting challenges of our days.
The Speech and Acoustics Advanced Technologies team in GM Israel is developing natural language, voice, and acoustic technologies for future vehicles.
As a Release Manager , you will manage software projects consisting of complex client-server applications that interact with a Virtual Assistants ecosystem, GM back-end, and vehicle embedded systems. You will document and track release content, follow up on defects, oversee release schedules, and liaise with integrators and multiple teams.
What will you do:
- Manage and track software release timeline, progress, issues, defects, documentation, including technical aspects
- Manage IT release and infrastructure processes (ASMS, databases, certification, etc.)
- Manage the team’s operational requirements and activities including vehicles, hardware, software, test equipment and purchasing
- Liaise with stakeholders and contributors, including IT, Cloud Provision, Software, UX, Purchasing, Finance
- Conduct meetings with teams located in US (Eastern Time)
What are we looking for:
If you don’t meet 100% of the requirements below - that’s ok!
We believe in hiring by potential, on the job training and development, so, If you find the position exciting and think you can contribute and evolve,
Please continue the application! We promise to consider your application even if you are missing a skill or two :-)
For any question, please contact the TA team: ta.israel@GM.com
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- 4 years' experience in an engineering role such as Software Development, Quality Assurance or Release Management
- 3 years of experience of cross-team software development role
- Familiarity with technologies and tools such as: HTTP, Active directory, Kubernetes, Microservices, Kafka, SQL/NOSQL, Docker, Linux, Prometheus, Apache/HA proxy, version control (GIT), Jira/Confluence, Jenkins/ADO
- Solid experience of delivering software to production
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work, at times, on Eastern Time zone
- Periodic travel to GM Technical Center in Warren Michigan
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Experience in global US based company an- advantage
- Experience in cloud software infrastructure and tools an- advantage
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.