General Motors Israel (Herzliya) takes a significant part in shaping the autonomous vehicle. We impact the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies. Within GM Israel, over 600 people working in a hybrid flexible mode on one of the most exciting challenges of our days .
UltraCruise is a driver-assistance technology that enables hands-free driving in 95% percent of all driving scenarios. A door-to-door hands-free driving technology that will enable GM’s goal of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion.
Ultracruise is part of SDV - ‘Software Defined Vehicle’ group that is developing a new vehicle intelligence platform whose features and functions are primarily enabled through software. This is a significant part of the ongoing transformation of vehicles from being mainly hardware-based to a software-centric electronic device on wheels.
UltraCruise IL group is focusing on research and development of advanced technologies to enable brake through applications for the future of mobility.
What will you do:
- Own verification and validation of all the algorithms developed by the Perception team
- Be an integral part of the development process by identifying critical corner cases and performance gaps
- Verify Perception team meet delivery KPIs
- Verify that Perception algorithms are robust in key scenarios by performing simulations and managing data collection for validation
- Detect and investigate outliers in our output; perform root cause analysis and prioritize issues for Perception
- Maintain and develop verification tools to improve robustness and efficiency
- Work with all algo teams to define the verification process, analyze algo defects, and improve the robustness and fidelity of Perception’s output
What are we looking for?
- B.Sc. Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or other Engineering with SW experience
- Over 3 years of experience in software validation or software integration
- Proven coding ability (Python or similar) – for analysis, visualization, triaging of algorithmic and system issues
- Good systems engineering capability and understanding
- Experience in Computer Vision – an advantage
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.