As the Aftersales Business Development Manager you’ll be joining the broader General Motors Australia & New Zealand (GM ANZ) team. Within our talented team, you'll find the flexibility you need to make choices that suit your individual needs and unique skill set. You’ll gain experience, marketability and exposure to a diverse, fast-paced environment within our global corporation and exciting local ambitions, which you’ll be able to leverage to progress your career.
Your purpose is to develop and maintain strong working relationships with the GM ANZ network, and work with the business partner leadership to nurture strong process and business growth across all portfolios. You will facilitate the creation, execution and maintenance of business development strategies for each partner operation and drive business programs and initiatives including ACDelco Service Centres. You have a very customer centric focus and have a can do approach to problem solving and building relationships.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing activities, processes and action plans to improve overall operation and output in line with the current key business objectives including: Service Lane Output, Customer Satisfaction, Stock Effectiveness, Parts Sales & GM Trade Parts Performance and Growth.
- Optimise the working relationships between various departments within our GMANZ partners
- Understand and use the GMANZ dashboards and CRM tools across all departments
- Benchmarking and performance analysis around NPS and other performance criteria
- Critically analyse partner efficiencies in service booking, customer handling, workshop and parts stocking profile management
- Assist in development of strategies to lift efficiencies
- Take an active role in the management of escalated customer care cases and when required represent GM ANZ at state tribunal hearings
- Ability to critically analyse service and parts departments ability to effectively sell the genuine GM and ACDelco products and services
- Review, advise and monitor activities associated with the retail and wholesale sides of the operation at our partner sites by being their primary contact.
- Identify new opportunities through proactive networking
- Ensure that Direct Parts Outlets (DPO) are compliant and effective with stocking policies and obsolescence requirements
- Utilise our online contact reporting system to document partner engagements
- Develop, apply and monitor specific performance improvement plans where necessary
- Have an understanding of aftersales and dealer operation and an ability and willingness to build relationships and influence outcomes.
You’re experienced in sales/marketing or aftersales roles with an emphasis on major vehicle brand with at least 5 years’ experience. You have a passion for business development and a can do approach to problem solving with the confidence to make decisions. To be successful in this role you will have the following competencies:
- Integrity & Trust
- Team Player
- Timely Decision Maker
- Functional Expertise
- Innovation/Change Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity/Managerial Courage
- Business Acumen
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Managing Vision/Purpose
- Customer Focus
Education: Tertiary qualifications, in Business, Commerce, Marketing or Engineering are considered highly desirable.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.