We are looking for the bold - those willing to respectfully share their ideas and listen to others. We seek out the innovators - those who challenge the status quo when their vision requires a new way of thinking. We reach for the collaborators - those who understand that a diverse team is stronger than any one individual. We seek the self-motivated - those who ask questions, and never stop looking at what’s next. Customer Experience & Connectivity team will be pioneers in the EV movement, energized to connect people to what matters and create a movement towards a better, more sustainable future for all. Our passion fuels our focus to be the best! Are you ready?
About GM Europe
General Motors (NYSE:GM) is a global company focused on advancing an all-electric future. At the heart of this strategy is the Ultium battery platform, which will power everything from mass-market to high-performance vehicles. Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. Our team brings their collective passion to deliver on this ambitious future in Europe. We are proud of our achievements across the globe however we have the biggest opportunity to change the way people live, move, and connect in Europe.
About the Role
Our GM Europe Customer Experience & Connectivity Team is seeking a Senior Design Lead, CX Design Group, GM Europe to serve as a design thought leader in the execution of D2C experiences across a range of channels and will work with the CX Design Group Head directly. Our studio creates customer-facing digital experiences across multiple brands and platforms, touching millions of lives across retail, in-vehicle, web, mobile, and wearable interfaces.
At GM’s CX Design Group, we follow a simple but vital premise: The user is center to everything we do. GM’s Visual Designers weave space, typography, color, iconography, and texture together to help people successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible.
GM Customer Experience (CX) team is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Strategists, Program Managers, Product Development and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The CX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the behaviors and perceptions of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for GM’s businesses.
As a Visual Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the GM design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love to use.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. We are are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities.
- Oversee and create proposals throughout the design process, including conceptual goal, executive presentations, and final mockups for implementation.
- Establish a unified design language, set design principles and guidelines, fuel product innovation, and evolve product goal by design inspirations, explorations, and storytelling.
- Work closely with Product Management, and Strategy throughout the entire product development cycle, from product inception and strategy to execution. Create Design visuals that are appropriate and exciting for European cultures and region.
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc.) or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-10 years of experience as a visual designer.
- Experience designing user interfaces for a consumer product/app for multiple device types and contexts, including mobile.
- Experience with a creative portfolio showing application of visual design.
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in a product development environment.
- Experience developing and launching a consumer product or app for multiple device types and contexts.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (e.g., motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, content strategy) on technical implementation.
- Experience with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Experience in graphic design (e.g., layout, typography, color, imagery, visual hierarchy).
Candidates must be eligible to work within Switzerland without restriction. We are not able to provide an EU work permit.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.