We are looking for the bold - those willing to respectfully share their ideas and listen to others. We seek out the innovators - those who challenge the status quo when their vision requires a new way of thinking. We reach for the collaborators - those who understand that a diverse team is stronger than any one individual. We seek the self-motivated - those who ask questions, and never stop looking at what’s next. Customer Experience & Connectivity team will be pioneers in the EV movement, energized to connect people to what matters and create a movement towards a better, more sustainable future for all. Our passion fuels our focus to be the best! Are you ready?
About GM Europe
General Motors (NYSE:GM) is a global company focused on advancing an all-electric future. At the heart of this strategy is the Ultium battery platform, which will power everything from mass-market to high-performance vehicles. Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. Our team brings their collective passion to deliver on this ambitious future in Europe. We are proud of our achievements across the globe however we have the biggest opportunity to change the way people live, move, and connect in Europe.
This position provides a unique opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a team that works in a startup-like environment while enjoying the full resources and backing of General Motors.
The Network Growth Training Coordinator is tasked with the development and implementation training modules covering all aspects of the sales and service network for the European market. The role of the Network Growth Training Coordinator is responsible for developing and tracking a timeline for each new hire into the sales and service network for training completion. The Training Coordinator will be the main point of contact and liaise between the 3rd party training providers and the sales and aftersales network staff. This individual will need to develop effective communication for digital and in-person training modules and events as well as to seek ways to pull in HQ staff for developmental opportunities. Finally, the Network Growth Training Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Network Growth Manager with tasks related to the expansion of the sales network across Europe.
Duties And Responsibilities:
The following reflects the definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Assist the Network Growth Manager, together with cross-functional teams, to develop the training modules and processes for the sales and service network staff.
- Coordinate physical and digital asset needs for training together with the logistics team.
- Ensure efficiencies and leverage economies of scale between the various department training needs
- Direct all work conducted by third parties and be the key liaison between external and internal teams.
- Train regional staff in use of sales performance measurement tools, network development policies & procedures, legal awareness, & business management.
- Create and manage new sales and service network staff classes for formal introduction to GM’s staff, policies, and practices.
- Develop a knowledge assessment process to validate the training efficiency.
- Coordinate with the legal team to ensure legal compliance for all trainings.
- Attend and report out at network review forums with regional teams.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Experience developing and directing sales and/or service training modules.
- Knowledge & understanding of overall retail operations, automotive preferred.
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; able to manage multiple priorities and workflow.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Receptive to both domestic and international travel.
Candidates must be eligible to work within Switzerland without restriction. We are not able to accommodate international relocation or provide an EU work permit.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.