Purpose: GP&MS Buyer – Indirect Purchasing, VSSM commodity, GM China
The primary purpose of GP&MS Buyer – to develop and implement sourcing strategies working with cross-functional partners to meet sourcing and cost savings results. Responsible for actively participating in development of commodity strategies, sourcing/negotiations, global/regional budget execution, and interface with suppliers or internal partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute robust commodity strategies based on market and technology trends, while executing comprehensive business plans to meet business priorities.
- Responsible for maintaining sourcing pipeline and Business Over Time, benchmarking data, strategy presentations, budget, and on-time metrics
- Lead meetings with cross-functional subject areas (VSSM, Legal, Finance...)
- Develop and execute a business plan to meet business priorities
- Utilize the sourcing process to manage sourcing packages (RFQ, Quote Analysis and Source Selection) and to establish a capable/competitive global supply base
- Analyze and apply appropriate tools, i.e., benchmarking, global competitive sourcing, value chain analysis, supplier negotiations, change management, SAP systems etc.
- Manage supplier relationships and ensure achievement of supplier commitments (Service Levels, Cost, Timing, Sustainability)
- Keep abreast of current developments, trends, and innovation in areas of expertise
- Ability to problem solve and implement new and innovative strategies
- Adhere to corporate and unit purchasing and accounting practices and procedures
- Promote GM's values and make customer-focused decisions
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Competencies
Knowledge & Skills:
- Automotive industry experience, purchasing experience in Vehicle sales, service & Marketing background is preferred.
- Proficient level of computer skills
- Fluent English skills in written and verbal
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing, Advertising, Media, PR purchasing management
- Ability to work globally, regionally, independently and self-directed
- Understanding of Potential Business risks
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and interface/network cross teams under complexity
- Effective Communication skills with clear mind and ability to interact effectively with local/overseas staff, internally and externally
- Proactive attitude in Problem identification, Root Causing and Suggesting corrective and preventive actions, keeping future risk in mind
- Strong passion and enthusiasm to challenge on the tasks
- Presence comfortably around leadership
The individual should be a bachelor in Business Administration or Commerce with 8+ Year experiences in Automotive industry
Action Oriented, Dealing with Ambiguity, Out of Box and Proactive thinking, Organizational Agility, interpersonal skills, Customer Focus, Practice Self-development, Commodity Knowledge, Professional expertise, Conflict Management, Integrity, Honestly, Hard Work, Driving for Results,
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.