This is a hybrid/remote position within the Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) organization and does not require you to be onsite full time to perform most effectively. You are empowered to work remotely or on location as frequently as desired. The position may require occasional onsite work and travel based on business needs.
Do you imagine a world of zero crashes, zero emissions, and zero congestion? We do! To reach this ambitious goal we are creating the next generation vehicle compute platform. Ultifi is transforming the way automotive software is developed and deployed, creating a ubiquitous connection with cloud.
Data governance is so much more than compliance. Data must be accurate, available, and useful. The systems we put in place for data governance must address “traditional” governance concepts, with a strong focus on accuracy, usability, and waste elimination. Data governance tools must not be “piled on top” of existing business processes but be integrated within them to make the business more effective.
The Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) Data Governance Lead will be responsible for the definition and integration of strategies and process for data originating from the Ultifi Platform. In this role, you will work with multiple teams across GM to establish processes that will ensure appropriate governance from data creation to consumption.
- In partnership with these key stakeholders, develop the SDV Data Governance operational strategy and corresponding frameworks, aligning existing processes, standards, and priorities
- Develop and implement short and long-term roadmaps for maturing the organizations data governance approach
- Work in partnership with legal and compliance stakeholders to ensure adherence to global regulatory requirements
- Provide support in performing data privacy and compliance for key issues related to PII, CCPA, Right-To-Repair, and other regulations on a global level with the Ultifi platform
- Support metadata management processes and standards to ensure data integrity and standardization
- Help capture data quality rules and metrics and investigate data quality process issues in collaboration with the DataOps team
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with global data requirements and regulations
- 8+ years of experience working with large-scale data sets in an enterprise environment
- Industry experience in solution/technical architecture in the cloud
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Purview
- Strong background and working knowledge of data quality improvements
Compensation and Benefits:
- GM’s Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs.
- GM’s comprehensive compensation and benefits plan is carefully designed and thoroughly benchmarked against the companies that we compete for talent in the local market .
The goal of the General Motors of Canada total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan currently includes the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and supplemental benefits for pregnancy, parental and adoption leave.
- Healthcare, dental and vision benefits including health care spending account and wellness incentive.
- Life insurance plans to cover you and your family.
- Company and matching contributions to a Defined Contribution Pension plan to help you save for retirement.
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values.
- Tuition Assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
- GM Vehicle Purchase Plan for you, your family and friends.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.