Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to encourage productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support employee volunteer interests and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Hybrid : This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite monthly.
General Motors’ Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) group unlocks a new level of potential by further integrating our vehicles with their digital world. SDV has created Ultifi, a new vehicle intelligence platform, designed to unlock new vehicle experiences. With Ultifi, we will connect with customers through software-defined features, apps and services via Over-the-Air (OTA). The new platform works by separating key software from the hardware to simplify the OTA process, enabling us to provide more robust updates and cloud-services to our customers.
Think this could be a good fit for you? Are you interested to be a part of a collaborative, driven, and bold organization that embraces innovation and challenges? If you have experience in electrical engineering, software engineering, or computer science/programming and you're ready to go all-in to deliver vehicles that evolve digitally with our customers’ lives, let's connect.
The SDV organization works on ADAS software, Infotainment Services, AI-based Apps, Energy (EV) & Connected Mobility Services, Software Architecture, Systems Engineering, Software Integration, Product and Program Management- all to provide cool features such as Super Cruise and Ultra Cruise to our customers. We embrace innovation and would love for you to join us in transforming the way software is developed and deployed in vehicles.
Are you a hardworking engineer with a passion for Self-Driving cars? Do you like working in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment, where no two days are the same?
Our team is looking for a Software Engineer to join us within the SDV Automated Driving Localization team. In this role you have the opportunity to work with a highly-integrated global team and collaborate with groups spanning from Sensing through Planning to Control. Join our team and help us enable a highly advanced autonomous driving feature!
- Develop AV and active safety localization algorithm and software and enables localization technologies that will integrate into a targeted vehicle application, which include developing software and use cases
- Work on localization and interact with perception, mapping, planning and different sensors such as camera, LiDAR, radar, GNSS/IMU etc.
- Work closely with Research and Development, software developers, validation engineers, HMI engineers, network engineers and suppliers to develop methods / algorithms / tools to support features
- Provide technical leadership on the AV and active safety features to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Support the development of sensing software requirements
- Travel as needed
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical Engineering, or other related fields
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of software C++ programming in real time embedded platforms experience
- 3+ years of algorithm development and optimization for embedded platform experience
- Experienced in one or more of the following domains: computer vision : feature extraction/matching, SLAM, SFM, VO/VIO, multi-view geometry and sensor fusion; point cloud : feature extraction, registration; or state estimation : Bayesian modeling, signal process, KF/EKF, factor-graph, nonlinear optimization, statistical sampling
- PhD or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical Engineering, or other related fields
- Automotive safety critical electronics experience
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES: This role is posted at the 7th level. The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and whether the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.