Project and Program Management teams are responsible for the delivery of the output/product of the program, which will involve managing a portfolio of projects and programs. Coordinate the teams who are working on the various projects.
This role supports launches related to Ultium batteries at the manufacturing level in specific US plants.
- Fully understand the IGLP and execute the launch project per the process to ensure launch deliverables are provided according to the schedule and within budget
- Responsible for the detailed elaboration of the Integrated Launch Schedule following the Pre-Deploy workshops
- Assure that all key launch milestones are identified, monitored and managed using the ILS
- Conducts the schedule progression meetings with the Deployment Leads, Controls Integration Lead, Infrastructure Group Manager, system Integration Lead, IT Site team and launch team to maintain and update the ILS tasks and dependencies
- Provides status updates to the Site and launch team as needed
- Works hand in hand with the IT GPO Site Leader
- Review variances in the ILS and initiates corrective action
- Perform Identify and resolve issues and escalate as needed
- Develop and execute a comprehensive risk management plan
- Manage launch IT resources and contractors
- Participate and provide input for the Weekly Launch Status Meetings
- Coordinate Systems Infrastructure and controls workshops
- Update the IT Summary
- Validate SAT test results and ensure all systems SATs are complete and re-tested as needed
- Ensure all systems UATs are complete and re-tested as needed
- Ensure that the ‘train the trainer’ activity is completed for all systems
- Determine Site IT Leads’ training requirements and ensure that the training is completed
- Coordinate the completion of transition to operations activities using the T2O checklist
- Provide onsite support for acceleration
- Execute the communication plan to assure interactions between deployment teams and other programs/projects/organizations are in place
- Provide input for and support the launch dashboard
- Provide launch status to client and executive oversight
- Assure that quality standards are defined and implemented
- Assure that process improvements are identified and implemented
- Responsible accountable for deploying all IT systems required to launch a new product
- Single point of contact for all communication to plant launch team for IT related activities
- Single point of contact to represent IT at the MIT, PET and Master Dot meetings with the plant launch team
- Responsible for the procurement and tracking of application HW/SW, infrastructure equipment and resources including temporary facilities
- 50-75% travel required to locations including Lordstown, Spring Hill, and Lansing
- Issue/Risk Management
- Change Management
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.