Develop Plans and Schedules; Prepare & Conduct test; Report ADV Status; Support Quality Processes; Collect and Submit Best Practices, Lessons Learned and customer surveys. Support ADV process to reduce Hardware and to realize RLM (Road- Lab-Math) strategy; Lead Export validation activities in foreign countries with local partners; Support Vehicle Validation - Type Approval Activities. Lead work with internal and external customers and suppliers; participate in Problem Solving Teams; participate in DFMEA work groups; Build and Lead Vehicle and/or Commodity ADV Sub-plans. Review Program/Process Results; Analyzes and interprets resulting data from tests (resolves data anomalies). Maintains frequent communication with customers; Prepares formal written test reports; Frequent contact with team members outside of work group.
General Purpose of Position:
Work involves in planning, performing and evaluating the tests on battery cells. Develop, modify and validate the new test method. Develop test related documents.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the cell testing according to the request from the customer. Plan the test based on the customer’s request. Complete the test in time safely with quality. Present the test result on Global meeting in need. Submit evaluation reports in time.
- Develop, modify and validate the new test method by the request from the cell engineering team or customers.
- Develop and modify and validate cell test related documents in need, including test scripts, data analysis tools, data sheets and so on.
- Record and report the deviation findings during the cell testing to lead test engineer. Conduct the root cause on the issues.
- Record and report the test software and hardware issues to the responsible person.
- Able to participate GM global test collaboration.
- Take a part in quality improvement, safety corrective, and 5S activity.
- Master’s degree or similar in Electrochemistry, Electrical, Automation or related field
- Understand test request and test standards or specifications
- Good writing and oral communication skills in English
- Good PC skills, email, MS Office software
- 3 or more years’ experiences in Li-ion battery industry or vehicle industry.
- Experience in testing or lab related work.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.