Do you have a passion for user-centered problem-solving and storytelling? Are you obsessed with studying, understanding and responding to human needs? Do you want to create engaging products that solve real problems and create unique emotional experiences? Then imagine what you can do working with a like-minded, multi-disciplinary team in our User Experience group!
Our growing User Experience team is seeking a hardworking and talented Product Designer to create customer-facing User Interfaces across multiple brands and digital channels. Our work touches millions of lives across In-Vehicle, Web, Mobile and Wearable interfaces! As a Product Designer within our Ultifi Design User Experience group, you will be a member of the Ultifi Applications Product Team, collaborating closely with other designers, researchers, product managers, and key partners to craft a series of new in-vehicle applications for our next generation GM App Store.
Supporting multi-disciplinary teams, the ideal candidate will have strong user experience skills and an inspirational portfolio showcasing extensive experience crafting compelling digital products that translate human needs into successful product concepts with a clear passion, understanding, and commitment to user-centered design.
- Collaborate closely with team members to craft world-class user experiences across all products and platforms for vehicle features
- Balance user needs, technical constraints, and business objectives to solve problems effectively
- Craft interaction designs, being the champion of usability and user-centered design principles
- Maintain, lead, and release your domain's user interaction specification document for software and feature owner deliveries
- Actively participate in Sprint Planning and PI Planning with your product team
- Create design deliverables to communicate your work including sketches, logic and flow, prototypes, wireframes, and specifications
- Facilitate workshops and collaborative design activities with partners and users
- Participate in user experience research and testing to validate designs, get user feedback, and identify opportunities to improve the customer experience
- Work with product managers and key partners to brainstorm and find opportunities, performing them as a flawless part of the overall user experience
- Contribute to the continued evolution of the team’s workflows and processes to further improve quality and performance
- 3+ years of experience creating digital interfaces for web, mobile, or in-vehicle interfaces
- Compelling portfolio with work samples showcasing expertise in user experience design, visual design, and depth of thought
- Successful track record for bringing digital products to market
- Open to input; knowing how to give and receive critique, and how and when to defend design decisions
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in common design tools like Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to create meaningful and lasting relationships with team members and collaborators
- BA/BS degree or training in HCI, Human Factors, User-Centered Design, User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Visual Design, Product Design, or related, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Agile or SAFe Agile methodologies
- Experience incorporating research into the design process, including contextual inquiry, usability testing, heuristic evaluation, etc.
- Visual design and animation abilities
- Interests aligned with the Automotive and Technology industries
- Automotive experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.