- Lead a technical team of System Safety Engineers to develop systems safety analysis, hazard identification, and risk mitigations using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Lead System Safety strategy developments on new content to deploy safety strategies that balance System Safety with feature availability & performance
- Lead application of agile methodologies to internal Safety Case work partnering closely with multi-functional teams
- Lead development of new Safety of the Intended Functionality (SOTIF) approaches for new feature content demonstrating internal resources
- Lead the Software Safety activities in the Automated Driving and Active Safety (ADAS) domain
- Steer the application of existing strategies to address Safety of the Intended Functionality (SOTIF) across our diverse feature set and team
- Collaborate with product engineering, development, verification, and validation teams to ensure consistent and sufficient safety strategy implementations for L2++ AD system
- Guide development of external suppliers to facilitate timely delivery of safety critical system content
- Stay abreast of new technology and safety analysis techniques
- Lead the system safety development with GM, Momenta and suppliers
- Lead the requirements sourcing for sensors and actuators and collaborate and guide the system safety engineers to manage the safety development with suppliers
- Mentor & develop internal and external organizational partners (including Global teams) on safety critical system and process-specific knowledge
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.