This Senior SW Engineer Role will be responsible using sound, repeatable, industry standard methodologies. You will work hands-on providing guidance and consultation coding software or solutions, based on detailed requirements and system specifications. Additionally, you will contribute to the enhancing of existing software and/or develop new software solutions to address specific needs or solve business problems.
The successful candidate will:
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment, coding and debugging applications, with minimal direction, in one or more software languages, with a focus on software quality and maintainability
- Contribute expert opinion and ideation at all stages of the development cycle
- Communicate clearly and effectively with team members and leadership
- Assist QA finding and reporting bugs and writing test cases
- Document software and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards
- Hold themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviours, model GM behaviours and build a winning culture
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and personal development
- Demonstrate critical thinking capacity and a problem-solving mind-set
- Provide direction and mentorship of junior software developers
- Act as escalation point for bug fixing and challenging coding issues
- You will work in multi-disciplined, full-stack development teams and real-world Enterprise experience
- Key focus will be to build Microservices using Java and Spring
- The main technologies being used are:
- Languages and frameworks, including but not limited to, Java, Spring, Python,
- SQL databases,
- Microservices, REST,
- Azure, Kubernetes
- CI/CD with Maven and Azure DevOps
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.