About the Role
BrightDrop is seeking a Product Operations Manager to support Product & Design by increasing its efficiency, enabling the team to ultimately design and build better products in less time.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented operations-focused problem solver obsessed with building and improving the machine that builds the machines to deliver on the BrightDrop mission.
As the Product Operations Manager you will work on identifying, designing, implementing, and managing operational improvements across Product & Design and between it and other functions of BrightDrop and GM. Your work will increase alignment, free up time for product managers and designers to focus more of their time on core activities and make them faster and more productive. This is a highly cross-functional individual contributor role and is the first product ops hire.
- Drive the design, implementation, and management of operational efficiency within Product & Design and between Product & Design and other functions of BrightDrop.
- Reduce the time spent on routine tasks by examining repeating processes and identifying opportunities, including the development of new processes & tools, to streamline them.
- Own the tracking, change management and communication of Product & Design OKRs and roadmaps.
- Support Product & Design’s headcount planning, budgeting, and financial reporting requirements working with Finance and People Operations.
- Increase iteration speed and alignment by standardizing communications within Product & Design and between it and the rest of the organization.
- Maintain documentation of the Product & Design tech stack ensuring the latest best practices, processes, and tools are in place and available for PMs and designers.
- Increase the speed and effectiveness of onboarding new PMs and designers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- You are a strong project and program manager with a track record of leading and proactively managing end-to-end execution of projects/programs.
- You want to be a key part of a company’s internal operations and work on short and long-term initiatives to improve them.
- You have superb written, verbal and visual communication skills and are at ease understanding and explaining technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have strong relationship building skills and the ability to relate constructively to all levels of an organization.
- You thrive in fast-paced, complex and fluid environments where you have a high degree of autonomy to achieve the objectives you are given.
- You have a can-do attitude and ability to juggle regularly changing priorities.
Great to have:
- Experience in product operations, product management, or an operational role that worked. closely with product and engineering teams.
- Experience in a high growth technology company.
- Experience with SQL or a willingness/aptitude to learn.
- Computer Science background or affinities.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.