* Subject matter authority for Global Warranty Management (GWM), Service Policies and procedures and Warranty administration.
- Supports integration of Warranty administration functions.
- Provides Warranty support for all of the zone team members.
- Develops and implements necessary dealer training.
- Coaches dealers, Managers of Aftersales and District Managers of Aftersales in the area of Warranty administration.
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Position Title: Parts Forecast & Planning Manager
We are the startup of premium import business, which is aim for building up a new vehicle D2C business in China. In order to support the GMPI business successfully launched in China, the position is one of the key positions in owner service team to be responsible for lead the whole process of parts demand planning for GMPI vehicles to ensure a good parts fill rate for customer satisfaction and a reasonable stock level for cost efficiency.
III.Areas of Responsibility
The key role and responsibility of this position will cover the key areas below:
- Work closely with parts demand forecast team in North America and SGM, to setup the detailed demand forecast model and stock monitoring model. Then to improve the modeling continuously by transfer the model logic into IT system for achieving automatic forecast process.
- Balance the fulfillment rate of parts /accessory sales orders from dealer and inventory leanness. And optimize the inventory structure continuously based on actual business performance.
- Track the local logistic status closely and provide feedback of any force majeure to related team to adjust the overall forecast in time.
- Conduct the market research of key parts categories – from competitors as well as customer voice to set up overall parts pricing strategy based on reasonable assumptions.
- Manage the opening & closing status of SGM PDC by clear strategy especially when limited volume – by balance the demand and geography coverage. Develop the Central-PDC-to-other-PDCs-replenishment-logic.
- Design and optimize the performance tracking report, by fully understand the existing reporting system of SGM. Capture all the business needs of GMPI and coordinate with digital team and IT team – to ensure the system can support it well.
- Set up clear plan of initiate stock by PDC and dealer level for new vehicle model launch, to ensure a good preparation for the launch.
- Work together with SGM team to track the status of parts ordering, and coordinate with North America when necessary, to improve the lead time continuously to meet business target.
- Develop parts planning team when business growth.
IV.Knowledge Experience, and Competencies
Broad Knowledge of automotive customer service
Knowledge and experience of parts supply chain operation
Knowledge and experience of sales planning and forecast
High capability to drive innovations
Data analysis and modeling
Bachelor’s degree or above.
10+ years’ experience of customer service business.
5+ years’ experience of parts demand planning and ordering.
5+ years’ experience of parts logistic operation.
Experience of digitalization or programming is preferred.
Experience of working with JV is preferred.
Experience of premium brand is preferred.
Proficient in English listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Have a strong affinity, interpersonal communication and coordination skills and a sense of teamwork
Strong capability to handle data calculation and modeling
Familiar with most office software
Strong ability to motivate people in an international environment
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.