This position does not require the employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The Employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
People Analytics CoE (Community of Expertise) is looking for a People Analytics Assistant Director to lead the newly formed People Analytics Consulting & Research and Workforce Planning Analytics teams. In this role, you will set the strategy for consulting engagements, lead the enterprise strategic workforce planning initiatives and high-profile analytics consulting projects that inform strategic talent decisions, improve organization effectiveness, and drive positive employee experience. Your outstanding leadership, consulting and analytical skills, exceptional presentation skills and ability to translate data into actionable recommendations will help us advance our analytics capabilities and enable data-driven decisions. What is in it for you? You will have a chance to influence our talent strategy, help design insights that matter and be part of a great team that puts innovation and curiosity at the center of everything we do.
- Establish and mature consulting , research and workforce planning capabilities for the People Analytics team helping enable enterprise data-driven decisions
- Lead the design and execution of enterprise-wide strategic workforce planning initiatives and transition to skills-based strategic workforce planning including managing future enhancement roadmap and technology implications
- Lead the design, development, and execution of internal and external workforce benchmarking studies
- Co-lead the effort in advising the organization on building, buying, or borrowing critical skills and positions for the future
- Lead high profile consulting engagements & projects . Provide key insights around talent management, organizational effectiveness, diversity and inclusion, attrition, internal mobility, workforce planning, retention, future of work and well-being
- Establish People Analytics consulting operating model (consulting principles, project prioritization criteria, governance, quarterly reviews etc.)
- Build partnership with key stakeholders within HR, Finance, and business
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of the consulting teams and the impact on business outcomes
- Prepare and lead quarterly executive briefing summaries with the leadership team
- Develop and implement HR data storytelling training framework and lead HR Analytics Community of Practice
- 10+ years of experience in Workforce Planning, People Analytics or Human Capital consulting roles , or closely related experience in a client facing, consultative analytics leadership role
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading direct and cross-functional teams
- Experience developing executive stakeholder relationships, scoping, and crafting a proposed solution, and successfully delivering projects
- Ability to communicate and develop effective business relationships within all levels of the company, including senior leaders and executives
- Expert knowledge and experience using data and analytics to improve business results, using qualitative and quantitative metrics to inform strategic talent decisions and improve organization effectiveness
- Ability to make quick decisions with incomplete or ambiguous data
- Highly effective presentation skills in a variety of formal presentation settings: small, and large groups, technical and non-technical audience, executives
- Ability to break down barriers and quickly achieve high impact progress within the organization
- Outstanding project management capability
- Proven applied knowledge of using People Analytics technology stack and experience working with IT leadership on the analytics product development roadmap
Compensation: The compensation information is a good faith estimate only.
- The median level range of salary compensation for this role is $176,386 - $205,000 .
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.