Grand Rapids GMCH
The Manufacturing Production Support (MPS) maintenance technician is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and problem solving industrial process equipment. Must be able to function in a manufacturing team culture where GMS (Global Manufacturing System) principles are highly integrated.
- This is a full-time position working as a direct employee of General Motors.
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift but hiring will be primarily focused on 2nd and 3rd shift. Training will occur on day shift.
- Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available with little notice. Some weekend shifts are to be expected.
- The pay starts at $21.50/hr and offers a competitive benefits package after 90 working days.
Work requirements include:
- 2+ Years of Maintenance, Mechanical, or electrical background
- Understand, support and execute all work in a safe manner using the established procedures, methods and safe working requirements.
- Provide technical support in a complex production machining and assembly environment.
- Assist on planning and scheduling predictive, preventive and reactive maintenance activities. Maintain, troubleshoot and perform tasks on all equipment
- Support all production operators, systems, & tools to achieve all throughput and uptime targets.
Preferred qualifications include:
- 2 year associates degree
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems including: electricity and electronics (PLC, HMI), controls and instrumentation, mechanical drives, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- Working knowledge of process equipment operations, sequence, error proofing and diagnostic capabilities
- General knowledge of preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance principles, blueprint reading/schematics
- Knowledge of high volume assembly and precision machining equipment
- Some Welding knowledge
- Ability to grasp and learn complex systems
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to use one's hands and power tools
- Ability to multitask in a highly flexible environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well with others
- Computer skills
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.