Responsible for ensuring that all business deliverables are identified and accounted for in the project plan with
responsibility and due dates
- Continuously monitor and report on project status
- Manage the identification, documentation, and traceability of business requirements
- Investigate and document complex business processes
- Develop project status reports for senior leadership
- Leads team to achieve on time and high quality delivery of initiatives
- Provides guidance to team on project plan development, issue and risk identification and mitigation resolution
- Resolves escalated issues and roadblocks of a technical or organizational nature
- Coordinate the input and approval of various project design and decision documents
- Defines program strategy, balancing customer and other requirements
- Track business resources and identify any shortages based on project plans
- Developing tracking scorecards and metrics to illustrate status and ownership.
- Developing milestone reviews for the key milestones and ensures the team is on track to deliver.
- Align cross-functional business and technical teams to help ensure alignment of goals and to help resolve conflicting priorities.
- Strong problem-solving capability; able to develop detailed requirements, action plans, analysis approach or processes within a predetermined set of boundary conditions
- Serve as the organization’s thought leader and subject-matter-expert on PMO planning and project execution
effectiveness, and drive continuous improvement in core planning and PMO processes and tools.
- Facilitates decision making among GM representatives to develop project scope of work documents and project plans based upon requirements.
- Identifies the roles of project team members, project reporting requirements, organizational structures, frequency of
interaction, and training requirements needed for team members. Tracks and reports project completion status and
- Identifies, tracks, monitors, and communicates project-related risks and issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that arise during the implementation. Facilitates amicable solutions with the appropriate customer(s) and project sponsor/owner.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.