- Lead and direct a group of cyber security professionals responsible for cybersecurity work in projects and/or programs
- Provide technical leadership and guide the team to successful execution of Cybersecurity programs including information security, product security and manufacturing security.
- Serve as a critical liaison with various business and IT units, ensuring the implementation of GM security controls
- Develop new products, processes, standards, or operational plans in support of the organization's business strategies with a direct impact on business and/or function overall results
- Oversee the data processing activities by the Group;
- Establish and improve the full lifecycle of data security management processes/protocols in the Group, including monitor and verify the effectiveness of existing security controls, analyze data, develop trend analysis and ensuring compliance to existing standard, policies and procedures;
- Organize the provision of data security education and training;
- Take corresponding technical measures and other necessary measures to safeguard data security;
- Responsible for Classified Cybersecurity Protection assessments for the Group;
- Monitor the data security defects, vulnerability or other risks and report the data security accident to the competent Chinese authority according to the applicable law
- To review and approve the important data security assessment to process important data and to prepare for the periodic report as well as any export security assessment report to the competent Chinese authority.
- Develop and execute technical strategy to ensure effective Cybersecurity technologies are in place for program execution based on industry standard cybersecurity risk management methodologies including NIST-CSF;
- Demonstrates global resources and expertise to drive common use of tools and process
- Develop long-term plans to achieve higher levels of cybersecurity maturity and increasing the defense-in-depth in the Joint Ventures.
- Identify problems, update and/or modify practices that help GM meet the Cybersecurity laws, regulations and best practices in China
- Promote GM's values and make customer-focused decisions.
- Influence others within the organization to accept new concepts, practices, and approaches
- At least 10 years of experience in security, technology and/or software development
- Knowledge in Cybersecurity
- Experience leading teams
- Experience building cross-functional relationships both locally and globally
- Competitive benchmarking experience in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or Software/Electrical Engineering
- Experience developing/executing global/corporate strategies
- Experience managing business risk-data security
- Experience managing safety practices/risk
- Product development processes experience
- Process improvement experience
- Security assessment experience
- Bi-lingual in Chinese and English
- Build high-efficient team
- Analytical thinking
- Creative solutioning
- Critical problem solving
- Customer orientation
- Global perspective-market acumen
- Persuasive communication
- Safety commitment
- Security vigilance
- Vision development
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.