About the role:
Are you a data science geek with leadership skills? Can you lead a technical team and help us gain insights into our massive amounts of data pouring in every single day? Could you spend your days lost in a deep forest or hanging out on the branches of a decision tree?
Our Data Analytics team supports operational improvement and business decision-making through ad-hoc statistical analysis of curated enterprise data and self-constructed data sets.
- Provide CM of all relevant program artifacts.
- Archive acquisition documentation.
- Review and analyze the development/sustainment Contractor’s CM program and data deliveries for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Maintain CM files including configuration identification, change control, and status accounting records.
- Convene and manage the Configuration Control Boards (CCBs), Technical Review Boards (TRBs), and record approved changes and results.
- Participate in cross-functional change control boards to evaluate proposed changes.Review and analyze proposed changes to ensure operational and sustainment capabilities are notadversely affected by the changes.
- Review the CCB membership list for currency and completeness.
- Support Engineering Assessments.
- Prepare for, conduct, and/or support major audits such as Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs) and Functional Configuration Audits (FCAs).
- Record and maintain assessment and audit findings, minutes, and action items.
- Report the Development/Sustainment’s data delivery status.
- Support pre- and post-contract award data reviews.
- Review and analyze the development/sustainment Contractor’s conformance to CDRL requirements.
- Process Government and development/sustainment Contractor correspondence.
- Support the establishment of workflows.
- Track data item deliverables and responses.
- Support development/sustainment of paper and automated archival systems of all covered documentation.
- Work closely with program management, systems engineers, quality managers, draftsmen and design/manufacturing engineers in an integrated product team environment.
- Develop and administer configuration management plans.
- Maintain design traceability and integrity.
- Assist the Government with configuration control for IT systems. This shall include configuration planning, data analysis, maintenance of configuration documentation and data, and maintaining inventory/configuration status.
- Manage configurations of software, engineering documents, design drawings, engineering changes and notices, and planning/conducting design audits. The Contractor must have skills and experience necessary to work closely with program management, systems engineers, quality managers, and design engineers in an integrated product team environment.
- Support review boards via meeting attendance and capture meeting minutes including the Configuration Control Board.
- Track Change Requests (CRs) and Discrepancy Reports (DRs)/Problem Reports (PRs).
- Ensure integrity of the baseline including major releases, minor releases, patches, and software maintenance.
- Provide QA checks on system baselines.
- Support Licensing tasks and packaging and delivering of software to users.
- Maintain the CM library and software repository.
- Manage and control product baselines.
- Recommend and document comprehensive configuration management plans for software, hardware, firmware, and peripherals for IT systems.
- Analyze data and prepare plans and briefings in support of software-driven systems.
- Perform studies and monitoring effectiveness of configuration management plans to identify potential and existing problems and make recommendations for resolution.
- Audit and review IT system configurations.
- Control the configuration of IT systems.
- Identify and maintain all baselines.
- Oversee the Configuration Management USAP Self Inspection Checklists, input results in MICT.
- Create and maintain revisions to the Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) packages.
- Prepare and issue Data Calls.
- Convene, manage, and participate in Data Requirements Review Boards (DRRBs) and record approved requirements.
- Receive and distribute CDRL data deliverables.
- Maintain distribution lists of points of contact (POCs) of CDRL data deliverable for program’s method of transmittal (i.e., a common mailbox, Integrated Digital Environment [IDE], CD-ROM, etc.).
- Ensure integrity of CDRL justification forms.
- Monitor Contractor compliance of CDRL data deliverables.
- Provide CM/DM input into all program documentation.
- Adequately identify data requirements in the Statement of Work (SOW), Statement of Objectives (SOO), and/or Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Ensure compliance with DoDI 5230.24, DODD 5230.25, DoD 5010.12-M. DoD 5000.02-R, DFARS 252.227-7013, DFARS 252.227-7014, and ASSIST database.
Other duties as assigned
- IT Configuration Management experience within the Department of Defense environment.
- Experience performing HW and SW configuration audits.
- Experience performing the technical/administrative activities necessary to manage CM tools for inventory control, version control, data duplication, and media labeling.
- Experience producing release notes and CM reports.
- An in-depth understanding of the configuration change control process, the role of the Change Control Board, and change control documentation.
- Experience performing baseline administrative activities for multiple environments.
- Experience developing briefings for management.
- Understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Ability to enter and manipulate data in a database.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Experience in MS Office Suite software required.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.