MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Project coordination & execution role for Plan and Define as part of the System Development process
2. Development of business process models, business requirements/user stories (functional and non-functional) and product backlogs
3. Partners with business to ensure comprehensive user acceptance testing/training plans are developed/executed and application is successfully transitioned to production
4. Increased understanding of business issues and data challenges of the business
5. Serves as the requirements liaison between the business community and the IT teams
6. Coordinates with Business on Problem and Incident Management
7. Coordinates project business value/return on investment analysis
8. Supports IT Strategy Development
9. Identifies business strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement
10. Makes recommendations on what projects should be pursued
11. Perform research on new ideas / initiatives the organization may want to pursue
12. Assists with coordination & representation for Change Requests (CRs)
13. Assists with identifying/selecting the best talent. Responsible for directing and prioritizing work, managing performance and providing guidance / coaching to team members. Manages the culture within their team, holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. In-depth understanding of business analyst fundamentals
2. In-depth understanding of writing & leading Business Requirements Documents
3. In-depth understanding of Business Process Modeling
4. Knowledge in a functional area or business process domain
5. In-depth understanding of business issues and data challenges of the organization and industry as a whole
6. In-depth understanding of business process and how application(s) they represent support it
7. Demonstrates critical skills such as collaboration, strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical capability
8. Independently facilitates sessions with end users, asking probing questions to elicit business process discussion and capture process flow diagrams
9. Independently facilitates meetings.
a) In-depth business knowledge
b) Action oriented
c) Raises issues appropriately
d) Presents information for decision-making purposes with little to no direction
e) Increased technical & business insight for planning
f) Strong time management skills
g) Ability to multi-task i.e. leading multiple projects
h) English written and verbal skills: necessary to communicate in a meeting -emails - requirements documents with global GM team members
Bachelor's degree required (technical discipline preferred) or equivalent experience. 7+ years in an applicable business environment.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.