Major Roles and Responsibilities
• Execute green field and brown field facility execution projects from initiation to closure for paint shops.
• Execute paint shop process improvements, defect troubleshooting, FTQ & equipment uptime improvement.
• Execute virtual vehicle assessments for product programs for paint manufacturing requirements
• Execute paint warranty analysis & reporting for global paint shops
• Perform manufacturing planning studies, layout planning, facility designs, material releases, benchmarking
• Participate in global technical team meetings and report out regional issues, lessons learnt and project progress updates.
• Sound knowledge of automotive paint shop processes, material, equipment, layout development
• Sound knowledge of conducting manufacturing planning studies in paint shops.
• Good knowledge of paint manufacturing requirements & virtual vehicle assessments
• Working knowledge of Fanuc, DURR robot graphic user interface software
• Good knowledge of Teamcenter, Vismockup, AutoCAD, MS Project, MS Office
• Working knowledge of instruments testing color, appearance and physical properties of paints and plastics like BYK-mac, Wavescan dual etc.
• Good knowledge on interpreting Process & Instrumentation diagrams.
• Sound knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
• Sound understanding of the Vehicle Development and Launch Process, Quality Chain, DFMEA-PFMEA.
• Sound knowledge on Quality Management System and Workplace safety systems.
• Good verbal and written communication.
• Good Problem solving & analytical skills.
• Basic cost estimation skills for business cases.
• Basic quality tools, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Advance process quality planning.
• Basic coding skills on process automation and business intelligence tools (C/C++, Java, VB script, Python, Power BI etc., )
• Ability to understand interconnectedness of different processes within paint shop.
• Ability to understand interconnectedness of upstream & downstream processes on
paint launch activities.
• Ability to work with intercultural & multi-disciplinary teams to achieve enterprise goals.
• Good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result.
• High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Chemical / Paint Engineering/Masters in Chemistry or Paint Technology.
• 3 to 8 years of product launch experience including facility execution, process set up, material management related to paint shop from Automotive OEMs
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.