- You build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- You analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Monitor and sustain model effectiveness
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present complex information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges that drive business impact
- 7 or more years proficiency in one or more core analytical tools / suites / languages such as SAS, Python, R, Spark Scala and understand their limitations
- Proficient in one or more analytical methodologies such as numerical optimization, econometric modeling and forecasting, machine learning and text analytics
- Degree in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience in business/media analytics, consulting, financial analysis, or related quantitative field.
- Outstanding problem solving, data analysis, data manipulation and communication (written and oral) skills
- Experience handling large complex dynamic data sets. Preference for proficiency with Hadoop, Teradata, Spark, Kafka.
- Good command of data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, R Shiny, etc).
- Preference for fluency in SAS, Python, R, Spark Scala
- Ability to interact effectively with people and work in a collaborative, time sensitive, environment
- Luxury or Fashion Consumer products and/or automotive industry experience
- Consulting / professional services industry experience is a plus.
- Both Chinese and English as working language
About the job
- Being a Data Scientist at Premium Import, GM China is about much more than simply crunching numbers – it’s about finding compelling insights within data and using your exceptional business and communication skills to translate those insights into action. As a member of our strategic planning, forecasting and analysis, you’ll spend your time digging into big, complex data/research sets. The data will not remain inert in your hands, however, since you’ll use your critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills to influence and drive thoughtful and well-informed decision making with our most senior business leaders within the organization, and potentially headcounter stakeholders, even clients in the future.
- As a Data Scientist, you will be part of the Team that partners with marketing and other cross functions within organization to build and present integrated business and media opportunities based on industry trends and insights from our data.
- Our Data Analytics team inform and influence marketing and business strategy as they face opportunities and challenges related to evolving business models, consumer behavior changes, and increasing pressure.
- Work with Marketing and Sales teams to innovate and develop scalable solutions for cross-industry challenges and to identify growth opportunities.
- Turn large and complex data/research into actionable insights for influencing internal stakeholders.
- Develop data-driven recommendations that align with business/marketing objectives.
- Act as an industry advocate and analyst to surface key industry trends.
- Acquire deep knowledge of the Luxury, Automotive, Fashion, eCommerce industry, understand HNWI customer lifestyle and trend, in order to tailor recommendations accordingly.
- Be the digital analytics expert with knowledge such as marketing metrics, product funnel analysis, audience segmentations, A/B testing, etc.
Final level to offer is subject to candidate's background and experience.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.