- Establish Layout Team and bench-strength by recruiting, training, and developing engineers to meet business objectives, while ensuring diversity & inclusion.
- Drive safety culture adhering to GM Global Workplace Safety Systems.
- Participate in strategic 3–5-year planning, develop the team from both organizational & technical perspective.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert level layout support to plant, program, and ME center customers.
- Build strong working relationship with Manufacturing Engineering Headquarters & Plant personnel
- Assist in strategic Proof of Concept (PoC), Proof of Validation (PoV) development and implementation of Manufacturing initiatives (Line Designer digital twin, immersive, AI/ML, etc…)
- Manage, train and mentor new or less experienced Layout Integrators
- Work with leadership to set and drive yearly business objectives. Set individual employee and group priorities and regularly review and approve team members work.
- Champion continuous improvement activities by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to reduce waste and increase productivity.
- Establish performance goals for the team, conduct reviews, coach/mentor team members and provide candid/constructive feedback to raise team performance.
- Manage team workload, assist in resource planning, forecast, and track budgets.
- Work with technical community to develop technology roadmap solutions.
- Expert understanding of General Assembly/stamping/machining system functionality including process, design, robotics, controls, and manufacturing knowledge.
- 10+ years of layout experience utilizing Line Designer, Flow Planner, AutoCAD, Factory CAD(Preferred) for General Assembly/Stamping etc.
- Strong understanding of plant processes, productivity initiatives, metrics, and material flow.
- In-depth understanding of GM standards and processes
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Lean Material Strategies (LMS)
- Proficient use of NavisWorks, Unigraphics (NX), and/or Vis Mockup
- Proficient use of point cloud, ReCap, and other Reality Capture information
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills, proven ability to collaborate effectively with team members locally and remotely, and with customers under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience.
- Experience in dealing with internal and external customers effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan and execute manufacturing projects
- Demonstrated ability to work well with multiple customers at the same time
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and lead meetings or workshops
- Willingness to travel across regions for executing business strategy as needed
- Masters or Bachelors in any Mechanical/Automobile/Industrial/Production Engineering discipline or equivalent.
12+ years in Automotive Manufacturing / ME Experience (OEM or Tier 1 Supplier)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.