Quality Engineer – Performance Build Center
Job Description Responsible for supporting the Powertrain Program Quality Plan which includes all metrics of Voice of Customer (VOC), Initial, Long Term and Design Quality. Also responsible for monitoring progress to meet quality goals through common global process assessments, facilitating rapid containment of issues, installation of countermeasures and Leadership concerns, if required, to ensure Quality targets are on track. A considerable amount of creativity and initiative is necessary, as well as a high level of independent discernment.
Key Job Elements
• Provide Quality Support and Technical Direction for Bowling Green Performance Build Center (PBC)
• Support Change Management Process for Performance build center
• Implement and support all Powertrain Global Read Across Initiatives
• Communicate Emerging Issues Summary for Responsible Components Daily to Plant and Quality counterparts • Ensure Quality Assessments are performed and all issues are contained/resolved
• Prepare Program updates for Product Development Quality Leadership
• Coordinate Supplier Quality Yard Sweeps
• Coordinate Repair, Rework and Containment Activities for Identified Spills
• Support Program Quality and Readiness Reviews (PQRR's) to verify that critical work meets the customer's requirements, and are completed on time with integrity; assure there is a high level of awareness of the risk potential of non-green work and provide guidance on whether to proceed or not proceed decisions.
• Initiate Diamond 4 through 7 Problem Solving for All VOC Metrics
• Facilitates Supplier Visits to Manufacturing Facility
• Support Program Integrating Teams and Issue Resolution Teams During Launch
• Participate in CPIT meetings and drive JD Power and Warranty Improvement Initiatives
• Drive Warranty Reduction Initiatives through effective problem solving Additional Job Description
• Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated ability to attain results, while balancing technical solutions with business imperatives.
• Solid analytical/problem solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems.
• Generate technical solutions utilizing 7 Diamonds, Red X, DFMEA Tools and others as applicable.
• Must excel at problem solving – root cause, containment, robust long term solutions.
• Exercises independent judgment in managing complex and ambiguous tasks with minimal input from supervisor.
• Understanding of lean concepts.
• Thorough understanding and capacity to effectively operate in all areas of the plant production process.
• Effective communicator with solid oral and written presentation skills.
• Vast knowledge of ICE components and Processes
• Advanced degree in Engineering.
• Familiar with 7-diamond process.
• Red X Journeyman Certification.
• Good understanding of SPC.
• Engineering Work Order (EWO)/Parts Release familiarity.
• Familiar with pulling prints, reading drawings, Vismoc, GDIS, GSIP, GQTS, PRTS, PADs, Gage Strategies.
• Supplier audit experience.
• Knowledge of PPAP requirements.
• Production Group Leader Experience.
• Certified Quality Engineer.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.