General Motors Israel (Herzliya) takes a significant part in shaping the autonomous vehicle. We impact the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies. Within GM Israel, over 600 people working in a hybrid flexible mode on one of the most exciting challenges of our days
UltraCruise is a driver-assistance technology that enables hands-free driving in 95% percent of all driving scenarios. A door-to-door hands-free driving technology that will enable GM’s goal of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion.
Ultracruise is part of SDV - ‘Software Defined Vehicle’ group that is developing a new vehicle intelligence platform whose features and functions are primarily enabled through software. This is a significant part of the ongoing transformation of vehicles from being mainly hardware-based to a software-centric electronic device on wheels
UltraCruise IL group is focusing on research and development of advanced technologies to enable brake through applications for the future of mobility.
What will YOU do?
· We are looking for an AI applied researcher to design and develop ML algorithms, aimed to be productionized and integrated into GM’s vehicles all over the world.
· You will research and develop state of the art decision making and prediction algorithms for autonomous vehicles.
· Write efficient code (python) that can run both on the vehicles and on our servers at scale.
· Interact with simulations, designing experiments and drawing conclusions to gain deep understanding of real-world problems and the best way to solve them.
What are we looking for?
· MSc/PhD in computer science / electrical engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics.
· Solid SW capabilities, in team’s shared code development
· Solid ML capabilities and experience, preferably involving LSTM, GNN, DSP.
· Experience with data engineering, cleaning, pipelining.
· Experience in Robotics / Autonomous Driving.
· Experience specifically with PyTorch.
· Publications in top ML venue like ICML / NeurIPS …
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.