General Motors Performance Driven Marketing (PDM) team is seeking an individual who will leverage their industry experience to strategize, lead and manage programs. Are you someone who is passionate about organization , communication and as a bridge between business and technology teams? If so, we may have the role you are looking for. As a Privacy Manager you will play a significant role in helping to bring together critical stakeholders to enable the delivery of products and platforms critical for our customers. This individual should lead by example displaying GM behaviors, commitment to personal development and commitment to creating a positive Workplace of Choice culture.
- Develop and maintain a holistic consent and privacy platform strategy
- Establish and manage privacy committees
- Familiarity and passion about customer privacy and practices and privacy governance
- Manage interrelated aspects of the portfolio planning process
- Responsible to work through critical stakeholders including Customer Experience, Legal , IT and Chief Data and Analytics office
- Ensure resource procurement and launch of teams aligned to scaling needs
- Provide oversight to help ensure development alignment to program goals/objectives
- Product Management experience
- Develop an integrated functional strategy and portfolio plan
- Lead product and platform requirements that leads to product design and document the same
- Define program strategy and governance while balancing all requirements
- Comfortable with the technical know-how and technical ecosystem
- Knowledge of the privacy aspects of the product development life cycle, data handling and asset classification, and knowledge of the role of a privacy professional in ensuring that customer data is properly managed.
- Develop and improve processes to manage the privacy impact assessment in close collaboration with business stakeholders
- Manage the internal requests from stakeholders on privacy processes
- Track and improve processes
- Conduct process assessments and improvements to strengthen the program
- Oversee privacy trainings on regulatory requirements like CCPA, GDPR, etc.
- Manage large complex programs and should be comfortable with dealing with ambiguity and make decisions accordingly
- Ability to lead teams and people to foster a workplace of choice culture
- Lead the team on individuals by setting the vision and strategy and execute to the same
- Communicate with senior leadership and stakeholders across GM
- 8+ years leading complex Data & Analytics initiatives/programs
- Demonstrated proficiency leading within Agile operating environments
- Demonstrated proficiency working within complex operating structures involving hyper cross functional and third party vendor participation
- Familiarity of implementing privacy regulations such as CCPA, GDPR, etc.
- Familiarity and experience with cloud computing, online services, web and enterprise applications, and data analytics.
- Is a confident, energetic self-starter, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Technical Acumen – able to substantively contribute to detailed work planning and guide a variety of progress update discussions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration (or related fields), or 10+ years equivalent, MBA preferred
- Acumen in Privacy and Consent Management is preferred
- The expected base compensation for this role is: ($107,482 - $171,692). Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
This is a remote position, the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States. We are unable to consider candidates who require sponsorship .
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.