The Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis group’s primary responsibility is to support the CFO’s strategic objectives by providing critical thinking about the company and industry. In the Special Studies & Competitive Analysis team, we work on a variety of important projects, past examples of which include consultant studies, incentive compensation analysis, downturn modeling, competitor benchmarking, and strategy presentations provided to GMs Board of Directors.
We seek innovative approaches to solving problems and presenting solutions to senior leadership and the Board. We want each team member to benefit from the opportunity to learn about the business, understand how big decisions are made, and to be able to build an extensive network with colleagues.
- Support the CFO in strategic decisions
- Consolidate and create materials for the Board and Finance Committee, the monthly CFO Staff meeting, and quarterly Finance All People Meeting
- Provide input and analysis related to incentive compensation
- Understand and apply macro-economic, competitive, market, and other non-financial factors to evaluate GM’s performance
- Influence external messaging working closely with IR for investor conferences
- Engage with regions/functions/new business ventures to understand key drivers behind the financials
- Participation in the development of long-term strategies and corresponding financial plans
- Understand the auto industry competitive landscape and assess the threats & opportunities to GM’s strategy
- Learning agility and intellectual curiosity
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal guidance/supervision
- Ability to network and build trust across peer group in regions and functions
- Proactively work to resolve issues and move projects forward
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to perform balance sheet analysis, net income statement analysis, cash flow statement analysis, knowledge of debt structures, etc.
- Desire to learn the specific business that would be supported (Product Development, Supply Chain, Sales Service and Marketing, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Comfortable presenting to GM Senior Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- Minimum 3 years of FP&A Experience
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with financial reporting/accounting concepts
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other office products
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within Finance and with operating partners
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.