Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
The Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) team supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV has created Ultifi, a new vehicle intelligence platform, that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EV s and expanded automated driving. This means that you have the opportunity to put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! Within the Software Defined Vehicle, GM is developing the next generation of embedded platform software to deliver state of the art Infotainment features on the Ultifi platform.
Our Sensing Software team is looking for a driven Engineering Manager (EGM) to contribute to our culture of innovation! As the Sensing Software EGM you will be responsible for the sensing software strategy, guiding the sensing software engineer team, and ensuring that work results in high quality engineering design along with fast, reliable, testable production code in line with expectations of our vehicle program teams (e.g., SuperCruise and UltraCruise ) at GM.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead strategic direction and the development and execution of groundbreaking sensor alignment software technologies and algorithms.
- Develop resource plans, team structures, risk management and execution strategies to convert strategic direction into tactical plans.
- Foster cohesion and professional development within the Sensing Software Engineer team. Leading a team of around 15 engineers.
- Drive development and execution of AV/ADAS sensor alignment software from proof-of-concept (algorithm) to production (embedded software target platform implementation) through software design decisions/code review.
- Occasional domestic and international travel.
- Fast Learner: Sensor Alignment is constantly evolving area. Therefore, it is critical for you to be able to quickly learn and digest complex changes and disseminate this information.
- Innovation: Able to generate potential solutions to sophisticated problems, screen out bad ideas, identify good ones, and brainstorm without ego or attachment.
- Comfort with Ambiguity: Comfortable working in a space where problems and solutions are not always well defined. You can cope with change, shift gears easily, and can decide and act without having the total picture.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Demonstrate the ability communicate broad concepts as well as detailed technical information through written and verbal means.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 7 years of technical or engineering experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a software engineer in AV or ADAS software environments
- Experience leading a team or leading a project/program
- Experience shipping production software for critical and complex software products
- Track record of driving software, machine learning, and computer vision solutions from start to completion, including problem definition, proof-of-concept, iteration, product development and production
- Experience with Python and C++
- Masters' or PhD degree
- 5 years of software engineering experience in AV or ADAS environments
- Sensor alignment development and execution experience
- Hands-on development experience in computer vision, machine learning, sensor technologies, sensor mathematical modeling, constrained optimization, graph theory, neural networks and deep learning
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.