The UltraCruise Data Engine team takes a significant part in transforming traditional cars into software-defined vehicles. We shape the face of the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies.
Our automated driving AI application develops the “brain” of the autonomous vehicle by applying cutting edge technologies into our vehicle's Perception and Decision-Making capabilities.
Within the large, automated AI application organization, the UltraCruise Data Engine Group is developing and operating an efficient Data Engine for automated driving development.
The Staff MLOps Engineer is responsible and accountable for delivering high impact solutions. Introducing and influencing value through MLOps principles across multiple teams and technical components.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert, leading the technical direction and architectural oversight of the UltraCruise MLOps Domain.
- Own high-level features and successful implementation from end to end; Design, build, and maintain the core MLOps product, services and APIs used by all General Motors’ autonomous vehicle engineering teams.
- Collaborate with other groups either within UltraCruise or across General Motors to shape the MLOps methodology and policy of GM autonomous driving.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineers.
- Champion system integration, sustainability, and feasibility.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer or in a similar role
- Over 3 years experience influencing SW / MLOps methodologies and policy in large-scale technical projects.
- Experience in orchestrating large scale training jobs with Kubernetes
- Knowledge of MLOps principles and how to apply to workflows at scale
- Strong project leadership and management skills to effectively meet strategic and tactical goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to present to a target audience.
- Must be detail orientated/articulate with strong time management and organizational skills.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.