General Motors Israel (Herzliya) takes a significant part in shaping the autonomous vehicle. We impact the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies. Within GM Israel, over 600 people working in a hybrid flexible mode on one of the most exciting challenges of our days.
Our Software Defined Vehicle IL (SDV IL) – Energy and Mobility Application Group develops a broad range of Web and Mobile based connected vehicle systems, including autonomous fleet management, mobility services, electric vehicle digital user experience, as well as next generation of OnStar online services for consumers and Cars.
As a System Architect, you will be the primary line of engineering support for Vehicle Architecture. You will be responsible for the execution of a specific compartment by ensuring the proper interface occurs between engineering functions and Vehicle Design Studios.
What will you do?
- Manage the overall EV product line architecture and system engineering activities including in-vehicle, Backoffice, web and mobile applications
- Create the system level architecture in collaboration with vehicle engineering and SW engineering architects
- Monitor upcoming vehicle program technologies and analyze the impact on the current EV system architecture and product lineup
- Manage feature request architecture process through the corporate process and IT tools until approval
- Prepare a system requirements specification that breakdown the work items between the different platforms and embedded controls
- Upon system requirements approval, review the requirements with each impacted development team towards implementation
If you don’t meet 100% of the requirements below - that’s ok!
We believe in hiring by potential, on the job training and development, so, If you find the position exciting and think you can contribute and evolve,
Please continue the application! We promise to consider your application even if you are missing a skill or two :-)
For any question, please contact the TA team: ta.israel@GM.com
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering
- Over 5 years of multi-disciplinary system engineering in the embedded, cloud and web/mobile domains in a global corporate
- Knowledge of cyber security systems
- Proven ability to consolidate multiple system engineers from different domains to a cohesive system design in a matrix management environment
- Experience working in SAFe methodology
- Fluent English speaker and outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.