Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to cover territory visits to dealerships in a reoccurring frequency. Relocation may be provided.
The selected candidate will assume territorial responsibility and relocate to Birmingham, AL .
Our goal at General Motors is to deliver outstanding customer experiences at every touchpoint and do so on a foundation of trust and transparency. Our diverse team of 155,000 employees brings their collective passion for engineering, technology, and design to deliver on this ambitious future. And the ambitious commitments we’ve made are moving us closer to realizing this vision.
The District Manager Aftersales role has responsibility for executing “consultative” dealer contacts designed to achieve financial sales targets and drive core dealer processes that improve customer retention and fixed operation coverage. Key responsibilities include assisting dealer service and parts operation in the ordering, selling, and/or servicing product, with an emphasis on customer retention and service merchandising. Work involves a considerable amount of consultation and creativity, perception, and initiative with wide latitude for independent action.
- Thoroughly prepare for each standardized dealer contact by identifying dealer priorities/needs, reviewing relevant reports, and preparing an agenda that addresses GM’s and the dealer’s sales, retention, and revenue priorities.
- Consult with dealership to increase the fixed operations overall customer retention and profitability and identify follow-up or action items for next contact.
- Achieve sales objectives for district by consulting with dealerships on how to grow their fixed operations.
- Focus one’s efforts on evaluating the parts department inventory management processes to eliminate waste, increase parts loyalty and profitability and improve efficiencies.
- Work with dealership to ensure systems and processes are in place to manage and process warranty claims according to GM policies & procedures.
- Focus one’s efforts on evaluating the dealership’s service customer experience based on customer data and observations and assist in continuous improvements / problem resolution to build customer loyalty, including customer satisfaction performance, mystery shops, service lead close rates, etc.
- Analyze marketing and merchandising plan, including dealership’s digital presence, against GM brand direction, current market trends and dealership’s customer needs to identify business opportunities.
- Set priorities to execute assigned responsibilities independently, and willingly takes on any task to grow fixed operations by acting as the dealerships trusted advisor.
- Stay abreast of changes in General Motors and industry to adapt quickly. Evaluate processes, systems, and tools to make alterations.
- Integrate and communicate with all representatives that call on the dealership on behalf of GM to offer outstanding and cohesive support. For example: Work with your sales counterpart to create a dealer business plan and monitor progress to plan throughout the year
- Efficiently and effectively deal with customer needs and issues as they arise. Determine key issues and resolutions.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the competitive service environment within assigned markets.
- Ability to manage time and projects and measure/prioritize work effectively with limited supervision
- Ability to develop and execute retail marketing plans, this includes knowledge of the fundamentals of marketing – Product, Price, Place, Promotion
- Automotive experience required
- Experience in a parts-focused position required
- Advanced knowledge of Car Parts and Service Systems required
- Advanced knowledge of the dealer operating report and fixed analysis tools required
- Advanced knowledge of dealership profit departments structure and interconnectivity required
- Advanced fundamental understanding of consultative selling skills required
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of dealership service Business Development Centers required
- Training & Facilitation of Meetings (dealer meetings, dealer personnel training)
- Business Acumen Includes Basic Automotive Technical knowledge
- Understanding Metrics and Reports
- Feedback and Coaching
- Conflict Resolution
- Information Management (utilizing & interpreting appropriate reports and resources)
- Prioritization of Personnel Resources
- Networking (building rapport with dealership & GM personnel)
- Computer, Data and Analytic Skills
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.