Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- This position requires an employee to be onsite every other week.
The Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) team supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV has created Ultifi, a new vehicle intelligence platform, that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! Within the Software Defined Vehicle, GM is developing the next generation of embedded platform software to deliver state of the art Infotainment features on the Ultifi platform.
Are you a hardworking engineer with a passion for Self-Driving cars ? Do you like working in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment, where no two days are the same?
Our team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us within the SDV Automated Driving Localization team. In this role you have the opportunity to work with a highly-integrated global team and collaborate with groups spanning from Sensing through Planning to Control. Join our team and help us enable a highly advanced autonomous driving feature!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop AV and active safety localization algorithm and software and enables localization technologies that will integrate into a targeted vehicle application, which include developing software and use cases
- Work on localization and interact with perception, mapping, planning and different sensors such as camera, LiDAR, radar, GNSS/IMU etc.
- Work closely with Research and Development, software developers, validation engineers, HMI engineers, network engineers and suppliers to develop methods / algorithms / tools to support features
- Provide technical leadership on the AV and active safety features to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Support the development of sensing software requirements
- Travel as needed to the Milford Proving Grounds
What you’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical Engineering, or anther related technical field
- Minimum of 5 years of algorithm development experience
- Software C++ programming experience in real time embedded platforms
- Algorithm development and optimization experience for embedded platforms
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with one or more of the following domains:
- computer vision: feature extraction/matching, SLAM, SFM, VO/VIO, multi-view geometry and sensor fusion
- point cloud: feature extraction, registration
- state estimation: Bayesian modeling, signal process, KF/EKF, factor-graph, nonlinear optimization, statistical sampling
- Experience on automated driving Localization or Mapping domain
- PhD or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical Engineering, or other related fields
- Automotive safety critical electronics experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.