Lead respective sub team or subject matter
You will be a communications counselor and partner with key executives in corporate (GM Brand), Global Product Group, HR, Legal, Safety and others
You will use data to drive GM Brand Reputation, business performance and employee engagement
You will be the connection point and lead for all global communications staff
You will manage elements of communications analytics for global communications
You will increase the flow of relevant information through Internal Communications to improve employee business acumen, so they become informed GM ambassadors and improve employee engagement
You will work with news relations, executive communications and our communication agency to build stronger relationships with key influencers and media
You will cross-collaborate within the function and across the entire communications team (collaboration/agency model)
You will think strategically and drive real change, deliver high-impact results
Create a communications strategy to strengthen GMM’s image and reputation to maximize media coverage through proactive media relations.
Support GMM leaders in the development and implementation of strategic external communications to help drive business results.
Develop and execute the GM Social Responsibility strategy.
II.Position Tasks and Responsibilities
Please describe the specific responsibilities and tasks of the position. Include the job objectives, the expected job results (i.e. what will be measured), the level of accountability, and the major factors that distinguish this position from others.
Corporate Communications tasks
- Develop the corporate communications annual plan
- Become a storyteller to generate relevant content about GM in the media
- Media relations strategy
- Speechwriting for different speakers in Corporate events
- Create briefing books and other materials (Q&A, talking points, key messages)
- Planning, logistics and coordination of events
- Coordinate the PR Agency to increase interviews with media (business, automotive, and non-automotive) where our top spokespersons can be exposed
- Management of media Corporate issues
- Develop and position GMM as a good corporate citizen in education, environment, and community pillars, among key audiences
- Monitor media publications on a daily basis to be aware of negative notes and act immediately
- Develop presentations about GMM for internal and external forums
- Keep in contact with the US corporate communications team to check with them information or publications that can be of interest of the international media
- Collaborate with other areas in the function
III.Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- Communications and Public Relations
- Media management
- Events coordination
- Graphic communications (design)
- Basic TV production
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Team work
- Results oriented
- Managerial courage
- Bachelor in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism.
- At least five years of experience in Communications, preferable in Corporate Communications
- Media relations
- Advanced English
- Action oriented
- Timely decision making
Diversity and inclusion are our strengths. We respect and value what each individual contribution to our team, including their origin, education, sex, race, ethnic group, sexual orientation, gender expression and / or identity, religious context, age, generation, and disability. We believe that our ability to meet the needs and expectations of an increasingly diverse and global customer base is closely linked to the diversity and inclusion that we experience within General Motors.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.