Roles and Responsibilities
· Analyze legal questions and work directly with client groups in China to identify, analyze and initiate appropriate action on legal issues.
· Provide oral and written legal advice to clients.
· Counseling on the ongoing business operations, including employee, supplier, data, ecommerce or partner related issues etc., and legal support to the corporate law related projects assigned from time to time.
· Supervise employment litigations and other litigations with outside counsel.
· Provide support to the lead counsel and senior counsel in the corporate development or governance related issues.
· Work with outside counsel and headquarter lawyers in team as needed.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in law (or higher qualification) from leading law school in China
· Legal Qualification in China
· Excellent reading, writing and presentation skills in both Chinese and English
· At least 9 years’ experience in a Multinational Corporate legal department or premium law firm in China
· Strong legal background in Chinese contracts, corporate, ecommerce and employment laws and good to have experiences in litigations
· Pragmatic in the approach to law
· Self-starter and team player with the ability to operate in a matrix organization
Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent communication skills with internal and external customers.
· Diligent and agile
· Result Orientation and customer focus
· Actively managing and adapting to changes, challenges, and dynamic business/work environments
· Strong sense of compliance
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.