The successful candidate will be leading a small team of System Architects to develop the overall architecture for Automated Driving (L2++) and ADAS systems for new vehicle and electrical platforms. This candidate will work cross-functionally to assign functionality to electrical, software, sensing, compute, and communication domain to optimally balance the needs and requirements of all AD and ADAS capabilities.
- Collaborate with and lead cross domain and cross discipline expert teams to define system design decisions and implement technical solutions.
- Own the overall Systems Architecture for new AD and ADAS systems and capture the necessary architectural views (functional, logical, mechanization, etc) in models.
- Define systems architecture roadmap to scale new architectures for future vehicle and electrical platform variants.
- Be the subject matter expert for all AD and ADAS systems architecture.
- Provide technical mentorship to team of System Architects.
- 10+ years of automotive systems engineering experience with proven track record of implementing AD/ADAS system architectures.
- Deep knowledge of Systems Engineering and Systems Architecture principles and a proven track record of successful implementation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and comprehending software and hardware requirements and interfaces.
- Understanding of major automotive vehicle systems such as AD/ADAS systems, chassis and vehicle dynamics, automotive networks, propulsion, body controls, infotainment (HMI) etc.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Travel to engineering sites and supplier offices as required.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.