Hybrid : This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
The Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) team supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV has created Ultifi, a new vehicle intelligence platform, that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! Within the Software Defined Vehicle, GM is developing the next generation of embedded platform software to deliver state of the art Infotainment features on the Ultifi platform.
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer on our Mapping team, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and testing software for high impact projects that are aligned to GM’s future around autonomous and electric vehicles. Join our agile team and let’s build the future together!
What You’ll Do:
- Own and develop high quality embedded software solutions as part of a larger team; leading and participating in future development.
- Collaborate with Systems Engineers in architecting requirements.
- Conduct design and code reviews for C++ and/or Python projects.
- Lead and participate in embedded software implementation, applying strong software development principles.
- Conduct software verification (unit testing, simulation, test automation, on hardware and in-vehicle as needed).
- Collaborate with team members by applying Agile/Scrum software development methodologies including continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Take ownership of each project, make design and implementation decisions autonomously, and mentor junior members.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical degree
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering or technical experience
- Minimum of 3 years of software development experience
- Embedded software development experience
- Experience in object-oriented software development, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience working with large code bases
What is Preferred:
- Master’s degree
- 7 years designing and developing production software in C++
- Experience with agile software development
- Experience with Data Visualization
- Exposure to sensors or embedded devices – eg. cameras, radars, LiDARs
- Exposure to GPU computing and with SAFe methodologies
- Exposure to ISO26262 functional safety control systems
- Understanding of major automotive vehicle systems such as Advanced Driver-Assistance (ADAS)
- Exposure to Automotive Platforms (Ethernet/CAN/LIN, AUTOSAR, QNX)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.