Global Propulsion Systems ME Team is driving the future of Electric Vehicle (EV) technology by designing cutting edge manufacturing processes and launching GM’s innovative propulsion system programs with excellence. We are looking for a dynamic team of engineers to help us in the pursuit of making manufacturing a competitive advantage.
Execution Engineer - Ultium Battery Cell
- This individual contributor / technical expert level process engineer will be responsible for implementing Ultium
- Battery Cell manufacturing processes, equipment / tooling alternatives, sequence and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities necessary for the production of Battery Cells used to support all General Motors Electric Vehicle Launches and Zero, Zero, Zero strategy.
- Work is performed in the Ultium Battery Cell Production Operations environment where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised. A high level of independent judgment may be exercised, however work is conducted within a team of several subject matter experts.
- Support and track overall engineering activities
- Provides technical support for solving manufacturing problems
- Evaluates product and process change proposals for cost and timing impact
- Provides technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources as required
- Writes technical reports / proposals as required
- Prepares & presents status updates to leadership as required
- Maintains constant contact with support team from others outside the work group
- Minimum of 3+ years of post graduation manufacturing engineering industry experience.
- Experienced with specifying, procuring, debugging, installing, qualifying and launching equipment/manufacturing systems.
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical field.
- Familiar with Gantt Chart timing plans and Microsoft Project Plan. Possesses fundamental project management skills and focused on developing this competency.
- Data driven individual, competent analytically, familiar with statistical concepts/methods and competent with the software tools necessary to perform such analysis.
- Experience in Battery Cell Manufacturing, (Coating, Rolling Processes)
- Execution Experience in Project and Manufacturing Systems
- Ability to speak Korean Language and knowledge of Korean Culture.
Ability to Relocate:
- Primary work location is Lansing, MI (U3). Potential option to either relocate or weekly travel will be required to Lansing, MI.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.