General Motors Israel (Herzliya) takes a significant part in shaping the autonomous vehicle. We impact the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies. Within GM Israel, over 600 people working in a hybrid flexible mode on one of the most exciting challenges of our days
UltraCruise is a driver-assistance technology that enables hands-free driving in 95% percent of all driving scenarios. A door-to-door hands-free driving technology that will enable GM’s goal of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion.
Ultracruise is part of SDV - ‘Software Defined Vehicle’ group that is developing a new vehicle intelligence platform whose features and functions are primarily enabled through software. This is a significant part of the ongoing transformation of vehicles from being mainly hardware-based to a software-centric electronic device on wheels
UltraCruise IL group is focusing on research and development of advanced technologies to enable brake through applications for the future of mobility.
We are looking for an Integration Engineer for the decision making group.
What will you do:
- Gain deep understanding of the AV decision-making (planning and prediction) architecture.
- Integrate software versions and evaluate them with different simulation and testing tools.
- Analyze autonomous driving behaviors, debug issues and explore real scenarios.
- Maintain testing flows in CI and will stabilize software versions before content drops.
- Work tightly with the algo team, get deep understanding of the algorithmic solutions and be a main link in taking the solution from a lab level to a real-world product that is aimed to be integrated into GM’s vehicles all over the world.
- Integrate the software components of the decision making sub-system of the autonomous vehicle
- Take part in integrating the solution on the operational vehicle
- Analyze and debug behavioral problems
- Be a focal point to inter-team work. Working tightly with other algo, simulation, integration and other teams and stakeholders
What are we looking for:
If you don’t meet 100% of the requirements below - that’s ok!
We believe in hiring by potential, on the job training and development, so, If you find the position exciting and think you can contribute and evolve,
Please continue the application! We promise to consider your application even if you are missing a skill or two :-)
For any question, please contact the TA team: ta.israel@GM.com
- B.Sc. In Electrical engineering / Computer Science equivalent
- Over 4 years of experience as a software or system integration engineer
- Programming experience in python
- Excellent system understanding
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Independent and has proven problem solving skills
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.